• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installing Aria's UI

Installing Aria's UI

I have a technical query; David (Plogue), I think this is for you, as if you don't have enough on your plate at the moment!

I'm in the process of writing a very simple DAW for my Mac. I'm doing OK, except when my program asks Aria to install its UI in the Carbon view I supply, I just get a small view containing the message "Please reinstall Garritan ARIA player."

I am hoping you might be able to suggest what it is my app is failing to do to establish friendly relations with Aria.

My program doesn't have any trouble getting the UIs for other synths on my computer. Also Aria must be installed OK, because DP6 talks to it OK. I'm doing this on a Mac Intel 8-core, writing in Objective-C with the unavoidable mixture of old Carbon stuff (I do wish they'd sort that out!)
    Canberra, Australia

Re: Installing Aria's UI

Looking at the code,

You seem to try to open the AUView even before the AU itself has been properly Initialize()'d,
    (all other hosts call it in the right order), or that the initialization failed for some reason, like components are not properly installed. (does it work in other hosts under the same user name?)

Logs would tell us more., but as you mentioned, the plate is overfilled
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Yes, initialisation out of order was the problem. (Insert embarrassment emoticon here.) I can now see Aria's interface, and it's working.

I'm very grateful for your help.
    I'm also impressed you found the time to give it.
    Canberra, Australia

Just glad it was easy.

Good luck with the next steps, fun is just starting

Take care
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum