• Register
  • Help

Topic: Country Roads - Featuring Garritan Steinway

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Country Roads - Featuring Garritan Steinway

Check out the ballad arrangement of "Country Roads" that my wife and I recorded:

www.reverbnation.com/davinlseamon

This is the "Under The Lid" perspective with some Ballroom 1 reverb.

Enjoy,
    Davin

Re: Country Roads - Featuring Garritan Steinway

Very beautifully done, Davin.

The G.Steinway sounds fantastic in this.

Much applause!

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Very beautifully done, Davin.

The G.Steinway sounds fantastic in this.

Much applause!

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Thanks very much, David! I always enjoy your contributions as well. You are on a whole other plane of musicianship!

Hello, davinwv

I absolutely love your arrangement of this song. John Denver would be surprised and delighted with what you've done. Beautifully done performance too---Thank you!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello, davinwv

I absolutely love your arrangement of this song. John Denver would be surprised and delighted with what you've done. Beautifully done performance too---Thank you!

Randy
    Thanks so much, Randy!

Thumbs up Re: Country Roads - Featuring Garritan Steinway

Sorry, it's not my song, it's too simple, even though you did improve it. It's significantly more interesting the way you play it. The singing is quite decent, but I think the recording of the voices could have been better (you know: isolated booth, reflection panels, good mic, plop shield, then eq, compression, etc.). In a live setting, it probably sounds better.

But your sound and playing are really good. Although this song didn't work for me, I listened to "Over the rainbow" and I found it impressive and delightful. You really play around the melody without ever obscuring it, as some lesser jazz pianists are tempted to do (do you deliberately keep the notes of the melody in the left hand part when the right one goes a bit wild?). Your harmonies are surprising yet pleasantly so. And the way you go from one section to the other at the end of the song (at 5:17) is really nice. Was this improvised or did you write it down? Either way, thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    The singing is quite decent, but I think the recording of the voices could have been better (you know: isolated booth, reflection panels, good mic, plop shield, then eq, compression, etc.). In a live setting, it probably sounds better.
    I'm still getting the hang of recording vocals. I have a longtime friend who is a great engineer/bassist. I've been meaning to get some pointers from him. I used a good large diaphram condenser mic with a windshield, but the acoustic conditions in my home studio are less than ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    But your sound and playing are really good. Although this song didn't work for me, I listened to "Over the rainbow" and I found it impressive and delightful. You really play around the melody without ever obscuring it, as some lesser jazz pianists are tempted to do (do you deliberately keep the notes of the melody in the left hand part when the right one goes a bit wild?). Your harmonies are surprising yet pleasantly so. And the way you go from one section to the other at the end of the song (at 5:17) is really nice. Was this improvised or did you write it down? Either way, thumbs up.
    None of my solo piano arrangements of standards are pre-planned. I just decide what standard I'm going to play, sit down, and hit record. "Over the Rainbow" was recorded in one take while I was home for lunch one workday.

Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    "Over the Rainbow" was recorded in one take while I was home for lunch one workday.
    Impressive! I'd like to have such lunch breaks...

Well done David! Bravo
    In Christ,
    Fishin' Musician
    www.LoveTheArts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Musician View Post
    Well done David! Bravo
    Thank you very much!

Go Back to forum