• Register
  • Help

Topic: Music News: Fender Stratocaster Rock Band guitar disgraces real musicians everywhere?

Share/Bookmark

Music News: Fender Stratocaster Rock Band guitar disgraces real musicians everywhere?

At Engadget:

We always knew something like this was a realistic possibility, but we had high hopes that it'd never really come to fruition. Today, what little hope we had left in humanity has been thoroughly crushed, as the introduction of a guitar controller that costs far more than many actual guitars has occurred.
    "In an effort to truly milk the sector for all it's worth, Mad Catz has begun to ship the sunburst-colored Rock Band Wireless Wooden Fender Stratocaster, which is a 1:1 replica of the iconic axe that is constructed from genuine Stratocaster wooden blanks. Heck, even the tuning keys and bridge are built from genuine Fender metal parts and fittings. There's also a wireless module designed to function with Microsoft's Xbox 360, and just so you know you're getting your money's worth, the $299.99 asking price also includes a Fender guitar strap and a headset socket for online play. So, who out there is brazen enough to admit that they're buying one (or two)?"
    Is nothing sacred anymore? Strat owners unite!

Re: Music News: Fender Stratocaster Rock Band guitar disgraces real musicians everywh

Argh..

Can you hack it to put back real guitar electronics in it?
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Talking Re: Music News: Fender Stratocaster Rock Band guitar disgraces real musicians everywh

....grrrrr....such an envy....

why they don't make a Piano Hero, where I can finally play like Glen Gould just moving my hands...and finally play Listz and Chopin trascendental studies at not-human speed?

Of course the real Steinway concert gran coda case, ebony and ivory keyboard, must be used for that....

And what about Virtual Bach?...hummm...ok maybe the cathedral pipe organ doesn't fit my livingroom...

Re: Music News: Fender Stratocaster Rock Band guitar disgraces real musicians everywh

Has anyone seen the 'Guitar Hero' South Park episode?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/sear...itar&x=48&y=17

The bit where the dad came in with his real axe'n'amp to be dissed by the kids both cut me deep and had me rolling with laughter at the same time - probably the best South Park episode since the school bus hanging over the cliff one.

My goodness, you could find a used Mexican Strat for about $250!

I'm a fan of video games, family fun, etc..., but if you're going to get a Strat, get the real thing.
    Maybe I should have come up with a more original username.

Go Back to forum