• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 3.5

Kontakt 3.5

Some of old G5 do support memory upp to 16GB.

So, how many Gb does an old G5 load with kontakt 3.5 (or 3.0)?

Re: Kontakt 3.5

I have ben using Kontakt 2 and recently upgraded to K3.5 on my dual G5 2.7 Ghz running Leopard with 8 Gb Ram. So far, I can hardly load anything in K3 as an AU without getting the not enough memory error message. With K2, I could load several full instances with a couple of Gb of samples no problem.

Also I don't have any control of DFD. Did they remove that from 3.5? Also I have tried setting K3 up as a standalone using Soundflower and IAC but with really funky results. It works intermittentley and then stops or makes weird noises.

I'm glad i asked. I guess there is no benefit in buying an old G5.

BTW, Is it possible that the reason for v. 3.5 doesnt work on old Mac is that 3.5 is a 64bit application? I guess the system is not fully 64 bit.

When I use Kontakt 3.5 on my PC, I have problems with 32bit apps like midi-yoke for example.

Mac K3.5 is 32 bit only, but when you use the memory server you should be able to load a multiple of 4 GB thus allowing you to use all 16 Gb - in theory at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaatza Music View Post
    Also I don't have any control of DFD. Did they remove that from 3.5?
    DFD is of course still there, but the user control has been simplified in 3.5

I also have positive reviews.As mentioned earlier, Kontakt 3.5 incorporates Kontakt Player. In fact, it’s not even possible for Kontakt 3.5 owners to install the new Kontakt Player 3.5, which now provides all of Kontakt 3.5’s performance-related improvements.
    Mistakes are the portals of discovery

Go Back to forum