• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help : looking hard for the best clean electric guitars...

Share/Bookmark

Re: Help : looking hard for the best clean electric guitars...

Check out \"Vintage Guitars and Tenor Banjos\" from Bardstown Audio. Great acoustic and electric archtop jazz guitars. I have MP3\'s of these guitars on my MP3 page at www.bardstownaudio.com

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

\"bought the downloadable strat from sonic implants ? and if so, how good and realistic is it ?\"

I\'m tempted to be a smart but I won\'t, I bought the Sonic Implants Strat stuff. It\'s $20.00 a pop!!! If you think it sounds HALF WAY decent it\'s a steal! There is a $250.00 version from another developer due out in Novemember. We\'ll wait and see what the other $200+ does for us in sound quality.

I\'m STILL amazed by the lack of electronic guitar samples on the Giga platform. It just doesn\'t make sense...

Help : looking hard for the best clean electric guitars...

I just bought GS, and try now to get the best sounds for it... I am fond of guitars, especially vintage electric ones...
    has anyone here bought the downloadable strat from sonic implants ? and if so, how good and realistic is it ?
    and can some helpful persons direct me to very good clean electric guitars in GS format ??
    Thanks a lot !!
    I also heard of a to-be-released 4 cd pack which might be something really new in strat\'s department ? Anyone knows about that ??

Thanks Munsie for your reply.
    Well, I\'m surprised to learn that SonicImplant Strat is so disapointing : the demos must have been composed and played by a very skilled musician, because I happened to judge them very impressive (yet I listened to them several times... may my ears -or my taste- deceive ?)!
    Well, I guess I\'ll probably wait and see for this due-in-november-$250 cds....
    Anyone else who has used the SonicImplant Strat will be welcome anyway to let me know about his (her) opinion !

>Well, I\'m surprised to learn that SonicImplant Strat is so disapointing<

Munsie: I had problems understanding your mail. At first I thought the same as stated above, but I reread your mail several times and felt that actually you think the SonicImplants Strat to be good enough to get bought... $20 is a steal, you say. How much is it worth, in your opinion?

Thanks in advance

------------------
    O.H.

Re: Sonic Implants Guitar Libraries.

Forget the fact that are so cheap. They are the only developers at this time ATTEMPTING to build useable electric guitar libraries. For that they deserve some credit. The fact that they put most of their libraries up for downloading at a very cheap price is incredible to say the least. I currently have ALL of their guitar libraries. Every guitar sample they produce is 100% useable and playable right away. Most if not all of their samples are layed out in an easy up and down strumming fashion so you can be very creative \"right out of the box\". The ONLY problem is their samples are probably too clean. They have no release triggers. But on most of their samples they include a fx library so you can add release fx later. I usually use the Sonic Implants guitar samples layered with other sounds and samples. This usually is enough to make the overall guitar sounds realistic enough to fool the listener. I have purchased alot of libraries, Sonic Implants (including their drums and other libraries I own) have by far been the best money/performance value yet. Granted, if their strat library was priced at a higher level I would expect more in the way of release triggers and more velocity articulations, but at $20.00 a pop it is highly recommended and a worth while addition to any library. The strat libraries are priced at $20.00 each. (tones and chords)
    For $250.00 or more, I\'m assuming the Nick Phoenix Strat library will be more realistic and more flexable, especially for doing solos. But at $250.00 a pop, it sure as hell better be.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Munsie:
    I\'m STILL amazed by the lack of electronic guitar samples on the Giga platform. It just doesn\'t make sense...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it makes a lot of sense to anyone with any guitar playing ability. The Johnson J-Station and Line 6 Pod put awesome guitar sounds very much in reach of almost anyone at a price that\'s very reasonable. Why would sample developers knock themselves out when these products are out there? They can make money on things people can\'t find easily like orchestral strings, harsichords, rare instruments and vintage synths. Guitar players are anything but rare!

Just thought I\'d offer an opposing view.

Steve

Guitar played through them Munsie.. BUT its still on topic because they helps get good disorted guitar sounds if you throw clean sounds through them.

I jsut bought a Roland Guitar Synth and GK-2a equipped Guitar... It makes a WOLRD of difference for guitar samples.....but you need to know how to play guitar

there is also a \"strum\" controller out there that probably makes a world of difference... but since I\'m not the greatest keyboard/piano player It takes me alot of times to work out the chord voicings that I play on guitar AND it can be impossible to play the voiice with one hand

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

\"Guitar played through them Munsie.. BUT its still on topic because they helps get good disorted guitar sounds if you throw clean sounds through them.\"

Well, the topic was about guitar samples for
    the giga platform. This is something after the fact. HOWEVER, THANK YOU for bringing this up, I never thought about throwing an actual guitar amp through some of the clean guitar samples I have. So far the revalver plug in I use isn\'t cutting it.

\"I jsut bought a Roland Guitar Synth and GK-2a equipped Guitar... It makes a WOLRD of difference for guitar samples.....but you need to know how to play guitar.\"

Can you tell me more about the Roland Guitar Synth? It sounds like it requires a guitar played through it and it allows your guitar to sound like a synth?

Thanks for your input!

just wanted to give more props to the SonicImplants guitars . . .namely the Strat and the LesPaul. Excellent stuff. The demos on the website are for real . . .these guitars are very realistic.

Go Back to forum