• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Trilian Expectations and more Thread

Share/Bookmark

Trilian Expectations and more Thread

Hi,
    Trilian is coming out in a month and a half.
    I'm contemplating between buying Trilian or NI Scarbee Bass (In October new libraries from Scarbee are coming out).
    Trilian will be much more versatile than Scarbee regarding the in-the-box libraries that come with it but I don't know about the diversity of the actual bass samples.
    I love the fact that Scarbee has a bass layout and you can clearly see which note is playing when and where on the bass. I wish Trilian would have something similar (Omnisphere has a piano GUI so Trilian should have a bass one...no?).
    I know Spectrasonics only from Omnisphere and the sound quality is amazing. I expect Trilian to have at least the same sound quality.
    With Scarbee you have all the playing options either by naturally playing on the keyboard or with keyswitching. As far as I understand, Trilian will have the different playing options through live mode so in order to have all the playing styles available I will need to load different patches and use keyswitching via live mode. I expect ALL the playing features (articulations) available for 1 bass to be loadable on 1 instance of Trilian. What I mean by that is that Trills, hammer on/pull offs, Slaps, slides, whatever else...can all be loaded into 1 instance of Trilian so that playing that 1 instance will produce a fully playable bass. The current Scarbee Pre-Bass has many articulations but for example doesn't have any slaps so if I want even 1 slap sound I need to buy a whole Scarbee library. That is a major turn-off for me.

I will probably have more to add as the days progress but for now that all. Thanks for listening and please give us your thoughts.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Trilian Expectations and more Thread

I know Spectrasonics only from Omnisphere and the sound quality is amazing. I expect Trilian to have at least the same sound quality.
    Oh yes, but of course much more on the realistic side. :-)

With Scarbee you have all the playing options either by naturally playing on the keyboard or with keyswitching.
    Trilian is the same concept, but with many more types of basses and sounds.

It is very much geared towards expressive performance in realtime.

As far as I understand, Trilian will have the different playing options through live mode so in order to have all the playing styles available I will need to load different patches and use keyswitching via live mode. I expect ALL the playing features (articulations) available for 1 bass to be loadable on 1 instance of Trilian. What I mean by that is that Trills, hammer on/pull offs, Slaps, slides, whatever else...can all be loaded into 1 instance of Trilian so that playing that 1 instance will produce a fully playable bass. The current Scarbee Pre-Bass has many articulations but for example doesn't have any slaps so if I want even 1 slap sound I need to buy a whole Scarbee library. That is a major turn-off for me.
    All the key articulations for a bass can be loaded into a single instance of Trilian.

In fact, most of the articulations for a technique can be loaded into a single part.

You can arrange how the articulations are switched and setup to customize your own approach (instead of relying on a pre-determined script only). For instance, it's very easy to change articulations with Key switches, Program Changes or MIDI CCs or to change them via velocity and keyboard ranges.

And yes, our new Studio Bass has both Fingered and Slapped articulations in a lot of detail.

I'm way behind on this stuff, but does Trilian also include Bass Legends?
    -david abraham
    Facebook

I'm happy to announce that YES....Trilian has a bonus XTRAS section which includes enhanced/remastered versions of all the classic Bass Legends library. :-)

(of course it's a microscopic part of the whole product....but they are still some useful sounds to have)

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    I'm happy to announce that YES....Trilian has a bonus XTRAS section which includes enhanced/remastered versions of all the classic Bass Legends library. :-)

(of course it's a microscopic part of the whole product....but they are still some useful sounds to have)
    awriigt!!! gonna clear my schedule for November. haven't touched a DAW in years.
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by David Abraham View Post
    awriigt!!! gonna clear my schedule for November. haven't touched a DAW in years.
    Im feeling the addition of Bass Legends, but November? I thought Trilian was coming out in October?
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Quote Originally Posted by Plus View Post
    Im feeling the addition of Bass Legends, but November? I thought Trilian was coming out in October?
    It is, October 26th to be exact. I was just trying to say that I'll be spending all November making music with it. Sorry for the confusion.
    -david abraham
    Facebook

No need to apologize that was my fault. Glad to hear its coming out sooner then later...
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com

Are there any loops in Bass legend?

www.plusishiphop.com

The Bass Legends loops are not included - since STEAM is geared for playable sounds and not phrase-based loops like RMX/SAGE is.

So it's all of the playable Bass legends sounds.

Go Back to forum