• Register
  • Help

Topic: Settings for some of the demos at garritan?

Share/Bookmark

Settings for some of the demos at garritan?

I was pretty impressed when I heard the demos at the garritan web site and would be interested in knowing what EQ and other settings were used to obtain those grand sounds. I found I could not obtain what you got without going to my Waves SSL plug in EQ for help.

Thanks

Smile Re: Settings for some of the demos at garritan?

there's a lot of variables here your sound system playing technique and many more, I find by using thew basic settings in any library produce the best results since it was created on high end systems. So where you benefit is in the mix

I hope this helps since no one seems to respond to your thread

Re: Settings for some of the demos at garritan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    there's a lot of variables here your sound system playing technique and many more, I find by using thew basic settings in any library produce the best results since it was created on high end systems. So where you benefit is in the mix

I hope this helps since no one seems to respond to your thread
    In it's basic setting there is a lot of mid range that sounds cluttered, and not enough top end.

Question Re: Settings for some of the demos at garritan?

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
    In it's basic setting there is a lot of mid range that sounds cluttered, and not enough top end.

have you tried different rooms in the ambience section then rolling off the mid dont touch the high or lows, also play with the wet and dry settings

I've already been recording the instrument. I found that some frequency roll off at around 250 HZ (narrow Q so not to go beyond the mid low range), gets the best results using the basic instrument as the baseline. I apply some reverb (typically Garritan Ambience Halls seems to do the job pretty well). I wouldn't touch the mid-mid frequencies at all, I mean the instrument sounds beautiful with natural freqs around 400 - 650 HZ which are the fundamentals for most part of the right hand playing. Depending on the mix needs I may add a tiny bit around 3000 HZ (moderate Q) which sets the piano upfront. I agree with the comment above about the great original sound of the instrument as recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    have you tried different rooms in the ambience section then rolling off the mid dont touch the high or lows, also play with the wet and dry settings
    Yes I have tried different perspectives and ambience and I have received improved results. I guess it takes a little time to learn the program.

Go Back to forum