• Register
  • Help

Topic: Monitor Speakers Vs Audio Interface ??

Share/Bookmark

Monitor Speakers Vs Audio Interface ??

Hi to all musicians,

little bit confused here about a Monitor Speaker to Audio Interface cable set up. My Monitor Speakers are Behringers MS40s which have on the back of one speaker 2x RCA inputs & 1x mini jack TRS input. But given most Audio Interface outputs have 1/4 jacks on the back, what would be my best option for a direct signal, without having to use adapters which would defeat this
    Music.. the many characters of how God speaks to us all

Re: Monitor Speakers Vs Audio Interface ??

Places like Radio Shack and other electronic parts businesses sell audio cables in virtually every configuration imagineable. You can buy cables with 1/4 inch plugs on one end and practically any type of plug or jack on the other end - no adapter needed. You can also buy the cable itself plus all of the plugs and make your own, if you have the necessary soldering skill.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

musicmad,

You can buy specialized cabling that have these ends, but you'd most likely be better off with a better-grade cable and a good (gold-plated or similar) adapter. It's true for video applications as well, generally.

I'll second Larry's suggestion, but if you don't have anything pressing, I would order online from Amazon or another reputable vendor and save a bunch of money. Cables and cable accessories are some of the most overpriced products in retail stores.
    Maybe I should have come up with a more original username.

Gday musicmad,

As Larry says, no adapter, just an ordinary audio cable with the right plugs on either end.

At the usual cable length of 1.8 m or less, the quality of the cable has no influence on the quality of the sound. Making up your own cables will cost you more than ready made cables cost and usually requires soldering equipment and skill.

Best wishes,

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Where online is the best place to purchase quality cables ?
    Music.. the many characters of how God speaks to us all

Go Back to forum