• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: DIVA meets GOS

DIVA meets GOS

I found this small demo I created a few years ago and thought I would share.
    The good old days right, Gary? ;-)

Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: DIVA meets GOS

While I know that Bela D has a lot invested in programming scripts for Kontakt, I for one would love to see a partnership between Bela D and Garritan, and the release of the Bela D libraries in Aria format.

I know, lots more work for whst kind of return? Well, the only reason I haven't purchased any Bela D libraries yet is because I don't own Kontakt. Porting to Aria would eliminate that obstacle!

Either way, both companies turn out outstanding stuff. Thanks for being there.

Thank you so much for the kind words!!

Gary and I have touched on your concept but merely in passing. I am all for it. No news from the front line to date ;-) Let it be known that Gary was a strong force in our early success. He was there for us offering guidance, etc. A good man!

Orcas Island

Thanks for posting that blast from the past (ah, the good ol' days). And thanks for your kind words.

We should talk soon about ARIA. It's been too long so let's connect and see what we can make happen.

My best,

Email sent dear sir ;-) Let me know if you have received it. I have an older email address from you.

when is someone going to create a vocal library that can deal with music that isn't of the "long sustained film underscore" variety?

so far, every sample I've heard of vocal library sounds like Lord of the Rings underscore.

I'd really like to hear a vocal library do a REAL choral piece. Something with some bite to it.

(by the way, the sample above WAS very pretty.. didn't want to insinuate it wasn't)

Vocal Tools The Soprano

Vocal Tools The Tenor

Vocal Tools Native Voice

DIVA Revamp

The Giovani Edition Voices of the Young

As you can see, we have other vocal products. Did you play all of the demos? Most are indeed geared for film/media score because that is our user base but, only some of DIVA and some of Giovani include long sustain vowels. The rest create the illusion of language better then any product on the market in said price range!

I don't see the capability to create a mixed voice chorus. Is this because it was not in your product line?

(Sigh, I'm still desperately hoping for a decent sounding full chorus)

And yes, I did listen to many (a few from each library) demos. They are nice. They just aren't really appropriate for my kind of work.

Victoria, Canada

Re: "I'd really like to hear a vocal library do a REAL choral piece. Something with some bite to it"
    ---Well, there is another and very well know library that does just that, but in the spirit of this thread, I won't mention it here. Personally, I appreciate the 'niche' that Bela D has selected, and have found their products somewhat unique....and that's what I needed and want. They also fit beautifully with that other software. So, yes while film scores etc. may be the main focus, they are actually far more versatile than that, especially with the new scripting for products like Giovani and Soprano, and IMHO, they are much more than just film score capable. On the other hand, I also suggest that a composer really needs to move beyond just using "Finale" for example, to utilize the software to its fullest and/or in combination with many of the excellent orchestral and vocal libraries now available................frank
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum