For those that use DP. DP7 upgrade is now out at $195

Peace

Rik

Re: DP7 has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by rikp View Post
    For those that use DP. DP7 upgrade is now out at $195

Peace

Rik
    I use DP6 for some things but went the Logic 9 route instead. DP is nice in many ways but I find the GUI a little too convoluted and too small on my poor myopic eyes.

Looks like MOTU is trying to catch up to Steinberg and Apple re: features though.

Cool Re: DP7 has arrived!

A funny thing is: Finale and Sibelius adding features of sequencers (mixers, VST hosting, audio traks...) and Cubase Logic and DP adding features of notation (executable expressions, transcription tools, part extraction, advanced page layout...).

I'm still waiting by the way the perfect integration: Overture 3 was designed to be very close, but being produced by a one-man company didn't grow enough...a pity.

(Waiting for it, I think that still sequencing is the hard job of sequencers, and for printable music editing and publishing, notation tools are the best).

If Apple or Yamaha will buy Makemusic...who knows...

Re: DP7 has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    A funny thing is: Finale and Sibelius adding features of sequencers (mixers, VST hosting, audio traks...) and Cubase Logic and DP adding features of notation (executable expressions, transcription tools, part extraction, advanced page layout...).

I'm still waiting by the way the perfect integration: Overture 3 was designed to be very close, but being produced by a one-man company didn't grow enough...a pity.

(Waiting for it, I think that still sequencing is the hard job of sequencers, and for printable music editing and publishing, notation tools are the best).

If Apple or Yamaha will buy Makemusic...who knows...
    I agree! Do one thing and do it great! I really don't mind buying a sequencing program and a notation program, as long as they are both solid!

Peace

Rik

Go Back to forum