• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Jazz and Big Band

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Jazz and Big Band

Hello All,

I was wondering if there is an approximate date that the new Aria version of Garritan Jazz and Big Band will be released. I know it says "Coming soon", but does that mean this year, next year, etc.

Thanks

Re: Garritan Jazz and Big Band

Quote Originally Posted by ttguitarstrings View Post
    I know it says "Coming soon", but does that mean this year, next year, etc.
    Yes

HTH

You can trust Tony on this.

When he gives a date, it's gospel.

Umm - i'm using GPO4 with ARIA and Finale and it sounds fine - now, if i want to detail things in cubast studio5, - well, how do i get the music and the sounds into cubase?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Umm - i'm using GPO4 with ARIA and Finale and it sounds fine - now, if i want to detail things in cubast studio5, - well, how do i get the music and the sounds into cubase?
    I don't use either, but the general approach to this kind of question is: what language (file format) do both programs understand?
    Option 1. You can export a multi-track midi file from Finale and import it in Cubase, and then set up the instruments on the channels in Cubase like you did in Finale. You might lose information though, but you'll be able to tweak the notes.
    Option 1a. If MIDI export doesn't work, you could try to have Finale send the MIDI data to Cubase (in real-time). Make Finale the master clock, set Cubase to record and hit play in Finale. Note that you can probably only export 16 tracks at a time. Once it has been copied, you set up the instruments in Cubase and ready you are.
    Option 2. Search for another format they have in common, e.g. MusicXML (see this thread).
    Option 3. You export audio from Finale, and import it in Cubase. You can do that track by track, or the stereo mix, etc.
    Perhaps there are people with more knowledge of both packages, and they can supply more options, but this is it, I think.

Go Back to forum