• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - I survived

Share/Bookmark

OT - I survived

.. flying
    .. chaos at the airports
    .. the lack of decent public transport
    .. temperatures over 30 degrees celsius (days and nights)
    .. spanish food
    .. lousy beds and bathrooms
    .. not being able to connect to Internet(that was heaven!!)
    .. not listening to ANY music
    .. not watching TV (more heaven!!)
    .. not reading anything

Now

.. I have to check my finances
    .. I have to read all your replies, technical issues, etc.
    .. listen to a lot of your compositions and renderings
    .. I have to getting used to work with GPO again (sorry, but I didn't miss it)
    .. do some exercises to loose weight

In other words, we were at the end of the world,

Raymond - El Torero

Re: OT - I survived

Why do Dutch people go to hot countries?

It's the same with the British - they have no idea of how to handle it and wind up generally getting heat stroke, out of control drunk, arrested and deported and/or perm any one of those from all four.

I never go to places where the dirty scum British go. I avoid them like the plague. The Queen Mary II is more my scene these days.

Anyway - hope you enjoyed your break.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Answers: getting a tan, to find out why the better music is coming from hotter countries than the Netherlands, to value their own climate, to punish themselves, to know that at home GPO is waiting......hahaha.

It's the same with the British - they have no idea of how to handle it and wind up generally getting heat stroke, out of control drunk, arrested and deported and/or perm any one of those from all four.
    That's why we avoided the holiday season. And we didn't got drunk. And we have a Spanish policeman as friend of the family.

I never go to places where the dirty scum British go. I avoid them like the plague. The Queen Mary II is more my scene these days.
    I didn't see of hear British scum, I saw a lot of British (it was the area near Alicante) to my regret, but not scum. Being on that luxury rowing boat is not my idea of a Holiday. Besides that there is more scum on the QMII than you know.

We did, thank you. It was nice to see our friends again, to see our favorite landscapes again, to experience that typical spanish food (grilled shoe-soles, prawns, delicious fish dishes, paellas, icecreams, cafe solo (real liquid asphalt), churros with hot chocolate, that great Serrano ham, palmtrees. Getting it all together: it was really nice.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post

easy... or are you british?!

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols View Post
    No he is just jalous......

Raymond - laughing

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulR

Of course he's not British, he lives in Devon, my bird, t'aint the zame ting at'll
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Man! That is one good-lookin' paella!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post

We did, thank you.
    Raymond
    Good - this is the town where I live some of the time and we had thousands of Dutch here this summer. Euro exchange rate probably.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...de_Rendezvous/

Go Back to forum