• Register
  • Help

Topic: RSP '73 Release Samples Too Loud

Share/Bookmark

RSP '73 Release Samples Too Loud

The release samples sound messed up or too loud after importing my old 'Scarbee RSP '73' (native GS) into Kontakt. I can't see the problem being mentioned on Scarbee's website. It must be an old and forgotten problem. Does anyone know how to get around it? Isn't there some kind of nki file for correcting this? Scarbee? Anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Re: RSP '73 Release Samples Too Loud

But then I have to buy the same instrument again. I'm sure it's the best solution but a little expensive. I simply want to convert my GS instrument to Kontakt. The conversion does a good job with the velocity splits but not with release samples.

Alex

i did a sidegrade from the Halionversion. Dont remember the fee but i think it was rather affordable.
    My suggestion would be to talk to Thomas directly about this.
    He is a very nice fellow and I am sure he can help you.

best
    Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers View Post
    The release samples sound messed up or too loud after importing my old 'Scarbee RSP '73' (native GS) into Kontakt.
    That's a common problem after such a conversion. Its correction is an easy job.

Get your " Group Editor" open in Kontakt, with the sample loaded. In the Scarbee Rhodes, the (relatively few) Release samples will all be indicated by an "RT" (Release Trigger) at the end of their names. Click check marks onto all those RT samples, then lower their volumes using the "Volume" knob underneath. You lower them all the same time, that way, and very quickly.

Save your corrected version as a new NKI.

Quote Originally Posted by lallis View Post
    That's a common problem after such a conversion. Its correction is an easy job.

Get your " Group Editor" open in Kontakt, with the sample loaded. In the Scarbee Rhodes, the (relatively few) Release samples will all be indicated by an "RT" (Release Trigger) at the end of their names. Click check marks onto all those RT samples, then lower their volumes using the "Volume" knob underneath. You lower them all the same time, that way, and very quickly.

Save your corrected version as a new NKI.
    lallis, I followed your advice, but the thing is, the volume of the release triggers needs to go lower depending on how long you hold a key. With short notes, you want a strong release trigger. With long notes, the volume gets softer depending on how long you hold the key. The release triggers need to respond accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers View Post
    ...the volume of the release triggers needs to go lower depending on how long you hold a key. With short notes, you want a strong release trigger. With long notes, the volume gets softer depending on how long you hold the key. The release triggers need to respond accordingly.
    Quite true, and that's how the ones on my conversion work, when turned well down -- -12 or -13dB and lower.

I confess I am out of ideas if they remain objectionable after that.

I've only briefly dabbled with importing GS instruments into Kontakt, and it hasn't gone well at all - the Extreme Sample Converter seemed to do a better job http://www.extranslator.com/ but it's a shame to have to buy something extra!

Greg.

Go Back to forum