• Register
  • Help

Topic: DAW Finally Arrives as a Web App - Myna

Share/Bookmark

DAW Finally Arrives as a Web App - Myna

The folks at Aviary have done a fine job bringing a DAW to a Web App. This web DAW is basically audio editing and mixdown and fx, but no MIDI or plugin instruments yet. It is only a matter of time.

Myna's horizontal track layout is similar to Vegas and other DAWs. You'll find envelops for volume and pan adjustments, reverb and flanger and other effects, and some other bells and whistles. It's not quite a Pro Tools contender, but its free and gives a glimpse of what's to come.

Re: DAW Finally Arrives as a Web App - Myna

Interesting, Gary! - And here's a direct link to the You Tube vid since that embed code doesn't work here on the Forum:

MYNA

Randy

It is amazing to me how much people can do with Flash these days.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Folks, it's a brave new world...

No computer crashes EVER (although of course the site can crash, but who cares...that's now their problem, not mine) no updates, no software incompatibility, nothing outdated ever (once they're up to speed, of course).

Tired of HP/Dell/Apple etc? Well I am. How about logging on with a $20 dumb terminal? Wanna make that $10? How about free with a subscription to the service?

How many tracks do you want? It's a server issue, not a memory issue.
    How good should it sound? Upgrade the central server/upgrade your subscription.
    We want more/better/different sounds...Upgrade. The. Server. Upgrade. Your. Subscription.

You get electricity? You get water? Guess what...now you get to compose music.

It's the future calling dudes...and you know what...it sounds like a dream!

And not incidentally, GPO/Garritan would fit perfectly into this model: Upgrade/modify your subscription and get access to GPO sounds, Jazz & Big Bands sounds, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod View Post
    How many tracks do you want? It's a server issue, not a memory issue.
    How good should it sound? Upgrade the central server/upgrade your subscription.
    We want more/better/different sounds...Upgrade. The. Server. Upgrade. Your. Subscription.
    It's not completely like this. Flash applications actually run on your computer. Sending audio tracks to a server and receiving the mix back takes too much band width. And subscriptions can turn out to be very expensive and inconvenient. No-one likes a service that can deny them access to their own documents and creations on a whim, or just because someone runs out of money (or some vague DMCA take down order). So while it may work for certain applications, I wouldn't stake my music on it.

Go Back to forum