• Register
  • Help

Topic: Had to reinstall GPO4/ARIA - where's the Help file?

Share/Bookmark

Had to reinstall GPO4/ARIA - where's the Help file?

Hi-

I had to reinstall Windows (& everything else, of course!). I'm sure I'll kick myself when I hear the answer, but where is the ARIA player's Help file or .pdf?

I'm esp. looking for how to save a Multi when ARIA is running as a VSTi. I found how to load one using drag & drop, but with no File menu I don't know how to save a new one.

I'm sure I'll have other questions, since I got GPO4 just before my system crashed, so I could really use the documentation, just can't locate it right now.

TIA-

-Susan

Re: Had to reinstall GPO4/ARIA - where's the Help file?

Hi Susan,

Last I recall, the help file doesn't get installed with GPO4, but you can extract it manually from the zip file.

However, the help file won't help with your particular question. You can't save an ensemble from the Aria VST -- only from the stand-alone version. (That's one of my very few complaints about Aria.)
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
    I'm esp. looking for how to save a Multi when ARIA is running as a VSTi. I found how to load one using drag & drop, but with no File menu I don't know how to save a new one.
    ARIA supports VST's fxb and fxp standard, you can save ARIA programs in this format (provided your host allows this) and drag the fxb/fxp on the interface when needed.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Hi Ernie-

Quote Originally Posted by lunker View Post
    Hi Susan,

Last I recall, the help file doesn't get installed with GPO4, but you can extract it manually from the zip file.

However, the help file won't help with your particular question. You can't save an ensemble from the Aria VST -- only from the stand-alone version. (That's one of my very few complaints about Aria.)
    Nice to see you! Found the .pdfs, thanks!

-Susan

Hi David-
    Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    ARIA supports VST's fxb and fxp standard, you can save ARIA programs in this format (provided your host allows this) and drag the fxb/fxp on the interface when needed.
    I can save an .fxp in SONAR and drag it to ARIA in REAPER, so that's fine. I can save a preset in REAPER, but I haven't figured out where or in what format it's saved yet. That's a REAPER thing I'll look into.

Thanks-

-Susan

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    That's good information, David.

My issue is that Finale doesn't support fxb/fxp (or if it does, I don't know where it saves the files). Since I usually compose in Finale and move to Reaper, I can't save the Aria ensemble from Finale and import it into Reaper. Since the Finale setup wizard does such a great job loading all the instruments into Aria and setting up the parameters (panning, etc.), it just seems like a waste to have to recreate it all manually when I want to move to Reaper.

I admit that once I have the ensemble saved in Reaper, it is very easy to reuse it for another composition that uses the same arrangement. But I kind of miss the ability to save an ensemble directly from Finale like I can with KP2.

Other than that, though, I really do like Aria/GPO4 very much. Keep up the good work.
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Go Back to forum