• Register
  • Help

Topic: Text entry in Omnisphere via Logic?

Share/Bookmark

Text entry in Omnisphere via Logic?

Hi

Most of the time when i try to enter text in to Omni (saving, searching etc.) my keyboard entry is being robbed by Logic, i.e. Omni's dialog box does not register my typing, but Logic will beep in the background because it thinks I'm talking to it!

Is there a workaround for this?
    (Currently I type into TextEdit, then copy&paste in to Omni... not ideal)

Thanks

Steve

P.S. I occasionally get this with Kontakt too, so I appreciate it may be a Logic issue.

Re: Text entry in Omnisphere via Logic?

this is also an issue with ableton live. if logic has the ability to read commands from a text file on start up, that may be the solution. don't know for logic, but for live you create a file titled "options.txt" in the ableton preferences fold in which you can place specialized commands. e.g for live you write the line:
    -_EnsureKeyMessagesForPlugins
    but i have no idea what it is for logic, or if its even possible. i'm sure the answer could be found at a dedicated logic forum.

the in-app work around is to enable/disable/reenable midi monitoring, closing/reopening plug in windows to see if it will temporarily fix the issue so you can type.

Quote Originally Posted by scientist View Post
    this is also an issue with ableton live. if logic has the ability to read commands from a text file on start up, that may be the solution. don't know for logic, but for live you create a file titled "options.txt" in the ableton preferences fold in which you can place specialized commands. e.g for live you write the line:
    -_EnsureKeyMessagesForPlugins
    but i have no idea what it is for logic, or if its even possible. i'm sure the answer could be found at a dedicated logic forum.

the in-app work around is to enable/disable/reenable midi monitoring, closing/reopening plug in windows to see if it will temporarily fix the issue so you can type.
    Thanks for the suggestions, re-opening the window sometimes fixes it. Logic doesn't have a text prefs file so I can't try that. Interesting that the problem isn't unique to Logic though.

Hello,

Have sometimes the same problem with Cubase 5 (sometimes not, I can't reproduce it always ; but I am sure it occurs each time I show Omnisphere to friends !!!!)

havent seen that bug in Logic 9 but when it happened in Logic8 my workaround was clicking into another plugin and then clicking back into Omnisphere. Worked like a charme evrytime.

type "V" on your Mac keyboard. This will close the plug UI and allow you to type the preset name.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Ironically I haven't had chance to test them yet; since Logic went to 9.01 I haven't had the problem, I don't know if that's just coincidence or if they've fixed it.
    They have added a new feature where the screen flashes white when you type a key command when the relevant window doesn't have focus for that command, so it could be related.

i just had the problem in Logic 9 yesterday. I tried the V trick and it worked like a charme!

Thanks. Sorry to labour the point, so I waited a few more days, but since upgrading to 9.01 (the .01 is important ) I haven't had this problem at all with Omni.

Go Back to forum