• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ave Maria - Bach / Gounod

Share/Bookmark

Cool Ave Maria - Bach / Gounod

I have put up my performance (with GPO4) of this famous Ave Maria be Bach / Gounod along with some breathtaking scenes from Glacier Lagoon which I photographed in August 2009. Best to watch in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx2l8zcSy14&HD=1

Hope you enjoy!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Ave Maria - Bach / Gounod

Hello to you, Falcon 1!
    Wow, that was a lovely and emotive rendering of Bach's spiritual masterpiece (one of), along with some truly stunning images of Iceland! Well done! One cannot help but ask, is there usually that much open water in the Glacier Lagoon in August? And is this place far from where you live? It is a stark and near alien looking vista, I try to imagine being there, looks like no wind at all. I am certain it is not always so!
    Thanks for sharing this sensitive and well thought-out performance, combined with images of rare and austere beauty!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Smile Re: Ave Maria - Bach / Gounod

Hi sd cisco, thank you very much for your comment!

The amount of open water in the Glacier Lagoon varies alot and in fact there hasn't been as much ice in the lagoon for years and it was even almost to a point where the sailing activities would have stopped. However, that was in June and in August it is normally little bit less of ice and more open water.
    This place is about 6 hours drive (one way) from where I live... normally it is quite windy there but once in a while you are lucky and man I was very lucky because there were no wind the morning I woke up (4:30 AM) and very little at the sunset the day before.

Again thanks for your comment!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Beautiful work, Falcon, both in your elegant recording and stunning photography. What a unique contrast!--the warm, gentle music and those icy landscapes--I got cold looking at the pictures!--but then the music kept me from freezing.

Thank you!
    Randy

Good to see you hear, Falc!

A very lovely presentation of the Ave Maria...
    especially effective and somehow fitting with
    the stunning pictorial content.

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Smile Re: Ave Maria - Bach / Gounod

Thank you both Randy and David!

It is good to be back!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Go Back to forum