• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI and SP 2

Share/Bookmark

GVI and SP 2

I have read the threads regarding GVI and SP2 and SP3. I bought GVI so I would still be able to use my Giga libraries and eliminate GS.

I was going to upgrade Sonar to the new 8.5 versions but read that I need SP3. My system works great right now but I would have to intall SP3. Is this still an issue? I am using Windows XP.

What other choice would I have to continue the Giga libraries if installing SP3 is not an option?

Re: GVI and SP 2

Quote Originally Posted by gaross View Post
    I have read the threads regarding GVI and SP2 and SP3. I bought GVI so I would still be able to use my Giga libraries and eliminate GS.

I was going to upgrade Sonar to the new 8.5 versions but read that I need SP3. My system works great right now but I would have to intall SP3. Is this still an issue? I am using Windows XP.

What other choice would I have to continue the Giga libraries if installing SP3 is not an option?
    I use GVI and upgraded to SP3 AFTER GVI was installed and patched. It's all working fine so far...

M

Thanks for the reply.

I think that is what I am going to do.

GR

I took a shot and loaded SP3 after I made sure GVI was fully updated. Everything runs great.

Thanks

Unhappy Re: GVI and SP 2

Hello, everyone. I'm running GVI on Win XP SP2. I have had a lot of grief with it over the last year. It freezes my host (REAPER v3.3), usually when I access the GUI, but not always.

Does anyone have tips on how to get it stable? I'm worried that it may be due to the Syncrosoft dongle, but I am uncertain. The crash is due to GVI.dll, according to Windows.

Here are my system specs:

MAINBOARD: Intel DP35DP
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo - Quad Core Q6600
    RAM: 4GB DDR (?) I forgot the exact model/speed
    SOUNDCARD: M-Audio AP2496
    SEQUENCER: REAPEr v3.3

Thanks for ANY help!!!

- Mike

Go Back to forum