• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: Input from the virtual keybaord GPO4

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Input from the virtual keybaord GPO4

    Hi,

    Is it possible to record in to a sequencer from the virtual keyboard in GPO4? If so, how and if not, might this be a possible addition for future releases?

    Thanks,
    Steve
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

  2. #2

    Re: Input from the virtual keybaord GPO4

    Hi Steve. It´s not possible, since the keyboard of GPO is showing the notes you pressed. It is receving not sending the info.
    BUT here are two ways of do what you want:

    Bome Mouse Keyboard:

    http://www.bome.com/midi/keyboard/help/cubase_tut.php

    Trollo Plugin (keyboard to midi)
    http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtop...bc9c8797413efd


    Both ways can solve your need.



    Best Regards


    Edit: Here is a discussion that point to some other tools to do what you want, so you can choose:
    http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151709
    Marcelo Colina

  3. #3

    Re: Input from the virtual keybaord GPO4

    Steve, I take it you would use something other than the mouse to click the notes - ?--otherwise, it would be extremely slow and awkward.

    Since you're using a sequencer, if you don't have a keyboard (the problem I guess-?)--why aren't you clicking notes directly into the sequencer either in a Piano Roll style view or notation view--?

    Randy

  4. #4

    Re: Input from the virtual keybaord GPO4

    Thanks for the replies.

    I use my Yamaha KX88 to input in to GPO4. I was thinking mainly of the keyswitches. It may be handy to be able to record keyswitch information from the GPO4 keyboard in to Cubase. It's not an issue in anyway, just a thought.
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

  5. #5

    Re: Input from the virtual keybaord GPO4

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milward View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

    I use my Yamaha KX88 to input in to GPO4. I was thinking mainly of the keyswitches. It may be handy to be able to record keyswitch information from the GPO4 keyboard in to Cubase. It's not an issue in anyway, just a thought.
    Hi, Steve - OK, I see - you do use a keyboard. I thought perhaps you didn't since you were asking about the virtual keyboard. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a soft synth that has a virtual keyboard intended as anything besides just auditioning sounds - they're not meant for playing/recording.

    It's an interesting idea to use that for getting keyswitch data into your projects, but I've found it expedient to do that in two different ways, depending on where I am in a project's development:

    ---Just play the keyswitches while I'm still in the process of playing my MIDI keyboard and recording in my sequencer.

    --Inserting the keyswitch notes in the Piano Roll View (MIDI editor).

    Even if I've played them, I'm invariably checking the keyswitch notes in the editor so I can move them more precisely to where I need.

    I think that having to stop to open up Aria and grab my mouse to click those notes would be a lot more clumsy - seems to me.

    Randy

  6. #6

    Re: Input from the virtual keybaord GPO4

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Steve - OK, I see - you do use a keyboard. I thought perhaps you didn't since you were asking about the virtual keyboard. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a soft synth that has a virtual keyboard intended as anything besides just auditioning sounds - they're not meant for playing/recording.

    It's an interesting idea to use that for getting keyswitch data into your projects, but I've found it expedient to do that in two different ways, depending on where I am in a project's development:

    ---Just play the keyswitches while I'm still in the process of playing my MIDI keyboard and recording in my sequencer.

    --Inserting the keyswitch notes in the Piano Roll View (MIDI editor).

    Even if I've played them, I'm invariably checking the keyswitch notes in the editor so I can move them more precisely to where I need.

    I think that having to stop to open up Aria and grab my mouse to click those notes would be a lot more clumsy - seems to me.

    Randy
    You are right.

    I've entered the Key Switch information in to a separate MIDI track by drawing in the data using the Key Editor. Quick and easy.

    Thanks for your help.
    Steve
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

  7. #7

    Re: Input from the virtual keybaord GPO4

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milward View Post
    You are right.

    I've entered the Key Switch information in to a separate MIDI track by drawing in the data using the Key Editor. Quick and easy.

    Thanks for your help.
    Steve
    GOod deal, Steve -! Thanks for letting us knows it's worked out for you. It works for me to have keyswitch notes on the same track as the performance notes, but if having a separate tracks works better for you - as always, there are Many ways to skin the MIDI cat.

    Have fun making music.
    Randy

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •