• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Midi Filter

Share/Bookmark

GPO Midi Filter

Long ago, I downloaded a file by Markelford, GPO Midi Filter, and Midi File Translator. I have not used them in a long while, because I write mostly piano and organ music, where such things are not needed. However, lately, I have been working on a moderately large work for string orchestra, and neither of the two work now. Were they designed strictly for the GPO Studio, which also no longer works (which makes me VERY UNHAPPY)? Or am I missing something? I have a mod wheel on one of my keyboards, but I have never used it, and would really not be amenable to re-entering all of my music using a mod wheel, the idea of which turns me off.

Can anyone advise how to restore functionality of the filter? I was given a solution for restoring the GPO Studio, but it was rather detailed, and I was concerned about botching the operation, so I did not try it.

Richard

Re: GPO Midi Filter

You want use old Sibelius scores you have you didnt do for GPO and you are trying to adapt them for use with ARIA Standalone?
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    You want use old Sibelius scores you have you didnt do for GPO and you are trying to adapt them for use with ARIA Standalone?
    No. I don't have Aria. I use Sonar for entering. Always have. For sounds, I have used GPO & CMB nearly exclusively for years. I am attempting to edit old works and create new.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    No. I don't have Aria. I use Sonar for entering. Always have. For sounds, I have used GPO & CMB nearly exclusively for years. I am attempting to edit old works and create new.

Richard
    As long as you're using the Kontakt GPO & CoMB The Phrase Modeled Performance Multi will help. It generates MW from velocity as well as generating other performance enhancing midi data. Full description with demos available here

I had the impression that GPO with KontaktPlayer 2 or 3 had a special "notation" set of instruments which were supposed to take care of this in Finale and Sibelius, or am I wrong?

There seems to be some extra information on Sibelius' site on how to make the two work together. Then you should be able to play directly from Sibelius. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    I had the impression that GPO with KontaktPlayer 2 or 3 had a special "notation" set of instruments which were supposed to take care of this in Finale and Sibelius, or am I wrong?

There seems to be some extra information on Sibelius' site on how to make the two work together. Then you should be able to play directly from Sibelius. Correct me if I'm wrong!
    I don't know. I think maybe so, but I am concerned with the problem in Sonar.

Richard

Which filter was this?
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford View Post
    Which filter was this?
    Well, I got tied up with automobile problems, and an unrelated computer problem, both of which I managed to cure. So now I am back to the filter problem.

The filter shows on the menu as GPO Midi Filter. The file in Sonar is called TcMfPwMap1.0.0.1.dll. When I check properties, it lists last use as 2008. But I have tried it many times lately.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Well, I got tied up with automobile problems, and an unrelated computer problem, both of which I managed to cure. So now I am back to the filter problem.
    Ah, auto-problems I know well: spent last Saturday (and too much money) in the shop having a starter replaced!

The filter shows on the menu as GPO Midi Filter. The file in Sonar is called TcMfPwMap1.0.0.1.dll. When I check properties, it lists last use as 2008. But I have tried it many times lately.
    Actually, TcMfxPwMap.dll should show up as "TenCrazy.com PW-Map" in the menu.

I believe "GPO Midi Filter", on the other hand, was a creation of Dan Hristodorescu. It used to be available off the main Garritan site, but I'm not sure where it was moved after the site was redesigned.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Richard,

I've found them on my HD.

Here they are, free to download with moderated velocity (haha).

LINK

Raymond

Go Back to forum