• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sampled Piano Comparison Site

Share/Bookmark

Sampled Piano Comparison Site

Hi,

Just to keep you up to date with respect to my Veridical Sounds sampled piano comparison page (http://www.btinternet.com/~veridical.sounds/), here is a list of the producers and their products currently featured:

Veridical Sounds: One Old Upright
    Post Audio Media: Post Estonia Concert Grand and Post Piano Suite vol. 1
    Maxim Digital Audio: mda Piano VSTi
    Warren Trachtman: Steinway-C Grand Piano Version 2
    Art Vista (Hans Adamson): Malmsjö Acoustic Grand
    Sonic Implants: 7\' Stereo Grand Piano for SoundBlaster Cards
    Universal Sound Bank: Soundscan Volume 17 Acoustic Keyboards
    Bolder Sounds: Bolder Giga-Pianos
    Best Service for Creamware: The Pulsar Revolution Ultimate Sample Collection
    Akai: Splendid Grand Piano for Akai S5/6000
    Realistic Piano: Realistic Piano High Quality Piano Soundbanks
    Yamaha: P80 Digital Piano
    Yamaha: P100 Digital Piano
    Generalmusic: GEM RealPiano Expander
    Bitheadz: Black & Whites
    Kawai: MP9000 Digital Piano
    Back In Time Records: Grand Piano

Best regards
    Nicholas
    p.s. I have very little web space left, so if any sampled piano developers would like their product(s) featured on my site, I wouldn\'t recommend leaving it too long before sending me the appropriate mp3(s).
    p.p.s. For a period of one week (Sept. 21st to the 28th) I have been informed that Bolder Sounds will donate all proceeds from CD ROM sales (as in 100%) to the American Red
    Cross. (see: http://www.boldersounds.com/Index.asp)

Re: Sampled Piano Comparison Site

Hi,

I\'ve updated the mp3s of my Veridical Sounds sampled Bechstein upright (titled \"One Old Upright\") to reflect the latest version which has significantly less distortion and a noticeably improved sustain layer.

I\'m still trying to decide whether or not to make it commercially available, and will probably be discussing this with potential distributors soon.

Nicholas

\"potential distributors\" - I\'m probably wrong but I\'m guessing there really isn\'t any distributors for Giga Samples. Distributors usually wharehouse the product and then sell it to stores or re-sellers. Most sample developers I have come across ARE the distributor of their own product. They sell it to other stores,web sites at discounts and they in return sell it to the end user at a marginal profit.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Munsie:
    \"potential distributors\" - I\'m probably wrong but I\'m guessing there really isn\'t any distributors for Giga Samples. Distributors usually wharehouse the product and then sell it to stores or re-sellers. Most sample developers I have come across ARE the distributor of their own product. They sell it to other stores,web sites at discounts and they in return sell it to the end user at a marginal profit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Munsie,

By \'distributors\' I mean companies like Time & Space (UK), Ilio, Best Service, etc. Hopefully they will tell me whether they think there is a reasonable market out there for my sampled upright CD-ROM. If they aren\'t interested, then perhaps I should assume that it isn\'t worth going ahead and making it a commercial product. We shall see!

Best regards
    Nicholas

Go Back to forum