• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: How to get support for GPO4?

Share/Bookmark

Angry How to get support for GPO4?

I'm getting a bit frustrated. I have this problem with hanging notes in GPO4 (under Logic), and nobody responds, not in this forum, nor on the support page. So how does one get support? Because like this the product is useless to me, and I will have to block the charge to my credit card, and advise Logic users against GPO4 and possibly all Aria-based products.

Re: How to get support for GPO4?

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    I'm getting a bit frustrated. I have this problem with hanging notes in GPO4 (under Logic), and nobody responds, not in this forum, nor on the support page. So how does one get support? Because like this the product is useless to me, and I will have to block the charge to my credit card, and advise Logic users against GPO4 and possibly all Aria-based products.
    Hello FLWrd,

Sorry to read of the problems you are having there.

Unforunately I can't help with Logic as I use Finale and Sonar, and, for what it's worth, GPO 4 Aria works absolutely perfectly in both of these .. absolutely no problems whatsoever. I'm certain we have many Logic users in our community and there are no reported problems with GPO 4 Aria with Logic.

The point I am suggesting is that the problems you are experiencing is either something to do with your install of Logic and/or your hardware or hardware settings.

Have you used the previous version of GPO (with Kontakt Player 2) with Logic or is your GPO 4 Aria the first you have used?

I'm sure we can drum up some replies from Logic users just to reassure that GPO 4 works for them.

Generally hanging notes happen when MIDI off is not sent or received or is delayed. Processor capability and latency settings are other possible culprits. I'm sure there are other reasons possibly caused by sound card or other hardware conflicts.

I think the first thing is to reassure ourselves that GPO 4 Aria is fine with Logic so .. please .. Logic users .. share you experiences.

Regarding the support page. I'm not sure what's happened there. Garritan support is world class .. the best. Gary prides himself on customer support and support is usually quick to respond.

Anyway, here's hoping we make some progress now.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I hope so too. I'm a happy GPO2 user, and it never caused me problems (well, that's not completely true, but KontaktPlayer2 is pretty stable).

1. I doubt it has anything to do with my Logic installation, since it happened in Logic (Express) 8, and now in 9, which is a fresh install, and none of the two have this problem in GPO2.

2. I know that the notes do not always get processed on time, but this is different. The notes start playing on time, but then hang, as if they respond to a sustain command. Resetting the track usually solves the problem, but that is impractical if you want to work on the middle or end. Another Logic user seems to have a similar problem.

Is it possible that the you have a CC#64 (sustain) set to "ON" somewhere in the file and not consequently set back to "OFF"? This would account for the file being fine when you stop and restart it.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

It happens where CC64 is the legato controller, but not everywhere. E.g., it doesn't seem to happen in slot 1, and it also happens when the controller is explicitly switched off, i.e. even when CC64 goes down before the note is played, the note still hangs.

It seems as if Aria player confuses CC64 for sustain before any note has been played, and only then starts interpreting it as legato.

You must have missed my post in your other thread, so I'll repeat it here:

"I'm on Logic 8 and I do get this problem - even when there is no sustain pedal. It seems to happen if you stop Logic in the middle of what is playing and then resume - either from the same spot or back to where you want to start again. One quick way I have used to "resolve" this issue is to play it from where you want to start (it doesn't have to be from the beginning) and when you begin to hear the sustained notes, click your mouse to a bar earlier without hitting stop first. (Your mileage may vary )"

IMO it seems to be an ARIA problem, as none of my other plug-ins do that and hasn't since I was on Logic 5 and KP1.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    You must have missed my post in your other thread, so I'll repeat it here
    Indeed, the subscription didn't send me an e-mail, but it seems you have the same problem. It's hardly a solution though. I'm glad (well, sort of) that you confirm the problem seems to be in the Aria player.

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    You must have missed my post in your other thread, so I'll repeat it here:

"I'm on Logic 8 and I do get this problem - even when there is no sustain pedal. It seems to happen if you stop Logic in the middle of what is playing and then resume - either from the same spot or back to where you want to start again. One quick way I have used to "resolve" this issue is to play it from where you want to start (it doesn't have to be from the beginning) and when you begin to hear the sustained notes, click your mouse to a bar earlier without hitting stop first. (Your mileage may vary )"

IMO it seems to be an ARIA problem, as none of my other plug-ins do that and hasn't since I was on Logic 5 and KP1.

Rob
    Ok, so it does rather seem that there is hiccup with GPO 4 Aria in Logic.

I'm sure Gary or Tom will pick this up and offer a solution.
    Michael

Getting back to the OP's question (How to get support for GPO4?), I was wondering if the Garritan site has a download section for product updates. I can't seem to find it.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Phil View Post
    Getting back to the OP's question (How to get support for GPO4?), I was wondering if the Garritan site has a download section for product updates. I can't seem to find it.

Phil
    Hello Phil,

At present, the only download option for GPO4 is for purchasing where the complete product can then be downloaded. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for. Anyway, the link is as follows.

http://www.garritan.com/products_gpo4.html
    Michael

Go Back to forum