• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Topic: Wanted ... Logic Users With GPO4 Aria

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Wanted ... Logic Users With GPO4 Aria

    We have a member, FLWrd, who uses GPO4 Aria with Logic having problems with held notes. His post is in the Support and Technical forum:

    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=68871

    I have answered the best I can but I use Sonar. It would be good if fellow Logic users could call in and reassure FLWrd that GPO4 Aria works fine in Logic.

    Once we have confirmed that Logic works fine with GPO4 we can then move on to make other suggestions.

    Logic users, please call by even if just to post that Logic/GPO 4 works well.

    Thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

  2. #2

    Re: Wanted ... Logic Users With GPO4 Aria

    Hey Michael,
    I'll look into it, but won't have time until Friday night to do so. I installed Logic 9.01 yesterday and started working with Logic 9 for the first time last night. There were some real issues. For instance, if I have an audio track and a MIDI track and I adjust the position of the MIDI region the audio track stops playing audio like it is muted. Problem is its not muted. Repeatable and frustrating. *sigh*.

    I'll post on the other thread to let the guy know I'll try to reproduce.

    -Kevin

    [Edit] Nevermind, David from Plogue responded while I was posting this and said it is a known issue they are working on.
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

  3. #3

    Re: Wanted ... Logic Users With GPO4 Aria

    Quote Originally Posted by LFO View Post
    Hey Michael,
    I'll look into it, but won't have time until Friday night to do so. I installed Logic 9.01 yesterday and started working with Logic 9 for the first time last night. There were some real issues. For instance, if I have an audio track and a MIDI track and I adjust the position of the MIDI region the audio track stops playing audio like it is muted. Problem is its not muted. Repeatable and frustrating. *sigh*.

    I'll post on the other thread to let the guy know I'll try to reproduce.

    -Kevin

    [Edit] Nevermind, David from Plogue responded while I was posting this and said it is a known issue they are working on.
    LOL .. I was just posting this when you edited.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

  4. #4

    Re: Wanted ... Logic Users With GPO4 Aria

    I was having similar problems "hanging note" while working on a project with Aria and Logic 9. I have since upgraded to Logic 9.01. Unfortunately, I just haven't the time to see if those "hanging notes" went away with the upgrade. I doubt it though.

    However, there was kind of a work-around which made those hanging notes go away. When in the Arrange Window, I found that when I "grabbed" that thin white line (I don't know what it's called) on the scroll time-line thingy (again, don't know the official name), those ulcer-producing hanging notes went away. They stopped "hanging".

    I don't think this bug is restricted to just Aria and Logic. I've had this issue using Kontakt and Logic as well (when on the same computer).

    Just a thought. . . . What makes this "hanging note" bug nearly 100% disappear is utilizing a "Slave Computer" which does nothing but house instrumental libraries. Along with my happy MacPro computer, I have a MacBook Pro computer with all of my instrumental libraries used as the "Slave Computer". (I also have an aging Dell Precision Workstation computer and the computer-like Receptor, by Muse Research, which can easily be used as my 2nd and 3rd slave computers!) (By the way, all house some version of GPO & JABB!! ) If one has some extra cash to spend, having slave computers to lessen the CPU & memory usage is one solution to creating a relatively dependable working DAW-based studio. Just a thought.
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

  5. #5

    Re: Wanted ... Logic Users With GPO4 Aria

    Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    However, there was kind of a work-around which made those hanging notes go away. When in the Arrange Window, I found that when I "grabbed" that thin white line (I don't know what it's called) on the scroll time-line thingy (again, don't know the official name), those ulcer-producing hanging notes went away. They stopped "hanging".

    I don't think this bug is restricted to just Aria and Logic. I've had this issue using Kontakt and Logic as well (when on the same computer).
    I've had that issue with Logic 8 and Kontakt as well as some other applications, but thus far not with Aria. It generally happens when I have too much in one file, and deleting some things often helps. Also restarting.

    Efiebke, I'm not sure what white line you were taking about for the work-around. Would you be able to post a picture of your arrange window with the pointer on that white line?

  6. #6

    Re: Wanted ... Logic Users With GPO4 Aria

    Quote Originally Posted by Saraswati View Post
    Efiebke, I'm not sure what white line you were taking about for the work-around. Would you be able to post a picture of your arrange window with the pointer on that white line?
    Hi Saraswati -

    Well. . . I created a photo of Logic 9.01's Arrange Window. And, I pointed out the happy, thin white line.

    By the way. . . those "hanging" notes still "hang" (when you stop the music) with the Logic 9.01 update, unfortunately. But my work-around still works! Just grab that white line (noted in the photo below) with the mouse and bring back a measure or two, hit play and those annoying hanging notes go away. Hopefully.

    Good luck!



    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

  7. #7

    Re: Wanted ... Logic Users With GPO4 Aria

    Thanks everyone for your replies. Very helpful.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

  8. #8

    Re: Wanted ... Logic Users With GPO4 Aria

    Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Hi Saraswati -

    Well. . . I created a photo of Logic 9.01's Arrange Window. And, I pointed out the happy, thin white line.


    Good luck!
    Efiebke,

    Thank you! I'll try it next time that happens.

    Saraswati

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •