• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tutorial for sequencing in RMX?

Share/Bookmark

Tutorial for sequencing in RMX?

Hi -

I'm having trouble finding a tutorial on sequencing beats from within RMX.

I've done a few songs with Stylus RMX, and they've been simple enough where I just inserted six instances of RMX and put my individual beats on separate tracks. Retarded, right?

Anyways, I want to get deeper into it now, and use it as my primary beat software and I know there's a way to change beats in Stylus with midi data. But I'm a beginner at best at triggering info via midi...I figured it out in uTonic, but am struggling with Stylus.

Thanks for any info. I'm not new to recording, but I'm struggling to figure this out.

Re: Tutorial for sequencing in RMX?

You'll find a bunch of great video tutorials at support.spectrasonics.net. Just log in and click on "Video Tutorials" under "Stylus RMX Support".

- Glenn

OK. I found the right video this time.

One question. Does the "Simplify" button always affect every beat once it's set, or can I automate it somehow? What if I want to use a beat "as is", then use varying levels of "simplify"? Is that possible?

Kyle from Nine Volt Audio, also has posted a couple of tutorials on using RMX.

www.ninevoltaudio.com or Youtube.

big~C

Thanks guys. Just wondering about "simplify". ie, if I simplify a beat and save it as a part, if I add it to a track, now every beat before it is going through that level of "simplify". Can I use varying levels of "simplify" to keep a beat evolving? Or just create a new track for any chopped up versions?

How about edit groups? May solve your problem.

I've just spent ages going through all the tutorial videos of Spectrasonics, Nine Volt Audio & Skippy's and I have to say it is a really worthwhile exercise. My guess is you'll find all your answers in there.
    Last edited by NeilB; 09-27-2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: spelling mitsake
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsanders View Post
    OK. I found the right video this time.

One question. Does the "Simplify" button always affect every beat once it's set, or can I automate it somehow? What if I want to use a beat "as is", then use varying levels of "simplify"? Is that possible?
    I've not tried this yet but you could midi learn the simplify control.

Other ideas that spring to mind is making use of the favourites button, creating your own suite of "patches" etc. You can use the Add button at any time to add another groove to your edit buffer suite.
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by NeilB View Post
    How about edit groups? May solve your problem.

I've just spent ages going through all the tutorial videos of Spectrasonics, Nine Volt Audio & Skippy's and I have to say it is a really worthwhile exercise. My guess is you'll find all your answers in there.
    Sounds like a plan. Thanks for your help, guys.

Go Back to forum