• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pro Tools LE and Aria sends

Share/Bookmark

Pro Tools LE and Aria sends

Help please - I'm struggling a bit.

I'm not seeing how to control the sends in Aria - when I alter the send level then start playback the send level reverts to the same fixed level each time - what is controlling this level? I can't see any reference to a controller for the sends in the manual.

Colin

Re: Pro Tools LE and Aria sends

Quote Originally Posted by colliedug View Post
    Help please - I'm struggling a bit.

I'm not seeing how to control the sends in Aria - when I alter the send level then start playback the send level reverts to the same fixed level each time - what is controlling this level? I can't see any reference to a controller for the sends in the manual.

Colin
    CC91 controls the send level on each channel (just like GM2).
    Check to see if you have that in your midi sequence

Regards
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thank you David,

That's the controller I'm after - I've only added added reverb from within Pro Tools in the past and didn't know about CC91 !!

Why on earth is this not mentioned in the GPO4 manual?

Colin

Hi Colliedug

You've certainly gotten your definitive answer - DavidV at Plogue is The Source of that kind of info.

My question is that since you're using such a sophisticated app, Pro Tools - why aren't you doing your reverb work inside that instead of limiting yourself to the one reverb available in Aria? Most of us using sequencers use Aria for getting raw, dry sound into our apps, and then we have access to all the tools those apps can bring to projects. For the most part, having the mixer, sends and reverb available in Aria was intended for notation users who don't have as many options when it comes to mixing their music.

There's also the slight problem (?) that the effected signals in Aria ALL come out of the first stereo pair of the mixer. That's why you want to avoid having an instrument in stereo pair 1/2 - it will be piped into your sequencer with all the reverb from the other instruments - !

Randy

Hi Randy,

Yes I normally do all reverb work within Pro Tools

But I've only just bought GPO4 and am playing around with my new toy in Pro Tools - that's when I noticed that the send levels were being controlled by a Midi controller somehow - and I don't like not understanding why it's happening.

Ideally I'll be wanting to use GPO4 in Sibelius which is my main work tool - just waiting until Sibelius gets it working.

Colin

Go Back to forum