• Register
  • Help

Topic: New York City Woman

Share/Bookmark

New York City Woman

This is the Finale song of a new musical (with same title); and the only song that's completed so far - well, got almost 6 months to finish it, but it's going very slowly.

However, as I couldn't amass the singers (and let's be honest really, computer generated singers and choirs are simply not the same), I have orchestrated this for Piano, 3 Violins, Viola and 'cello.

It's a bit different from what I usually compose, but as it's a commission, it'll pay some bills at the end.

Hope you find this amusing, so smile.

Re: New York City Woman

So late at night a wonderful song, maybe a bit more jazzy chords and nice solo riffs in the piano accompaniment, - forget this - I liked it.

Good night,

Raymond

Hi, Peter - Nice work, with a really pleasing old fashioned sound to it. Commissioned to write a musical--! Very nice - how'd you manage to land that gig?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Peter - Nice work, with a really pleasing old fashioned sound to it. Commissioned to write a musical--! Very nice - how'd you manage to land that gig?

Randy

Have known producer for a few years now and worked on a couple of musicals and TV productions with him, but apart from that, let's say I'm cheap - well I don't usually ask for payment from him as I just want to get my name noticed in the music business; as you're probably well aware that most of us composers would starve to death if we had to rely on any form of regular money coming in.

Enjoyable...very sort of reflective and period-sounding (sorry if I'm not making much sense...was mixing mics all weekend). Makes me think of Manhattan elegance, dancing on the terraces sort of thing. The alternation in the cadence at one spot also made me think briefly of a French chanson.

Go Back to forum