• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere Bug?

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere Bug?

Hi,
    When we open a new Omni instance and go to the multi tab in order to access the mixer, we can see that the panning knobs on the mixer are not at 12:00 for all patches (even when no patches have been selected). They are randomly somewhere else.

This can clearly be seen at the macProvideo in video number 3 (Exploring Omnisphere's windows & Interface) and it's the same in my computer.

Does Spectrasonics know about this problem?

Thanks.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Omnisphere Bug?

AFAIK thats a problem in the default multi. You can fix it yourself and save the multi with the name "default".

Hi Hans,
    Yeah you're right. I never saved a multi and set it as default but sure I could do that. Thanks.

I heard one of your tunes on 9 volt audio for "Funky Guitars". Sounds great.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Thanks man
    i had good fun doing that song. Kyles stuff is so inspiring!

Hans, may I ask where you got all those other parts that you incorporated into the song? like the people talking and radio changing stations?
    Thanks.

I think most of them are from the vintage Zero G library. Actually one of the first sample libraries ever that appeared on the market in the early 90s.
    Lots of ripped stuff from movies and radio shows etc.
    If you are looking for a good source for free material like this i can recommend www.archive.org and www.earthstation1.com
    Earthststation provides a free online archive that you find somewhere down on the left side of the page.
    Incredible archive of old radioshows, politicians speeches etc.

Thanks for the info Hans.
    It's really a lot of listening work in order to fish out the usable parts.
    I'm also using youtube for that and ripping out the audio.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    Hi,
    When we open a new Omni instance and go to the multi tab in order to access the mixer, we can see that the panning knobs on the mixer are not at 12:00 for all patches (even when no patches have been selected). They are randomly somewhere else.

I have the same problem ... Usually the panning knobs are off by just a tiny bit ... but they shouldn't be at all.

If I remember correctly, I sometimes see the same thing happen with Stylus RMX.

Go Back to forum