• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omni and Vista 64

Omni and Vista 64

Can you install Omni on a vista 64 system and use it in Cubase 5

Re: Omni and Vista 64

I have had success on my system with Ominisphere and VISTA 64 Ultimate while running Cubase 5 in 64 bit mode. Seems to make the transition fine for me. Hope you find success as well.

HP Pavillion 6000+ Mhz, 8 GB Ram, VISTA ULTIMATE 64 Bit

Omnisphere is currently a 32 bit plug-in so it isn't officially compatible on a 64 bit host like Cubase 5 unless you want to use the 32 bit version of Cubase 5 which works fine on Vista 64.

Yes, there is a 32 bit emulation in the 64 bit version of Cubase 5, but this hasn't been 100% stable with Omnisphere in my experience.

A 64 bit version of Omnisphere will be released by Spectrasonics in the near future.
    Austin Haynes
    Sales and Technical Support

Hi gigagagga,

Omni was the reason why I changed OS from WinXP32 to Vista64 (Steinberg doesn`t officially support XP64). I use the Cubase 5/32Bit version as the VSTbridge isn`t realls stable. Since using this configuration there are no more crashes caused by RAM issues.

If you urgently want to run Omni on Cubase 64Bit you could probably give JBridge a chance. For me this setup had not really performance advantages so I stick with the 32Bit version till all important plugs are available in 64Bit.

regards, humphrey
    C5, Forte, Cantabile, Komplete 7, OP-X Pro-II, KORE2, EOS, Halion 3, HSO, FM7, B4, VB3, Sylenth1, virt. Guit., Minimoog V, Stylus RMX exp, Omnisphere, Vista Home Premium 64, Q6600, Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, 8GB RAM Mushkin, 4 Samsung Harddisks / 1,5 TByte, RME Hammerfall DSP with Multiface, Motu Midi Express 128, NI Kore 2, Motif ES7, Fantom XR, Wavestation SR, Plugiator, TC M-One XL, ADA8000

It runs very smoothly with Sonar x64 and Vista 64. I don't know if the bridging technology is the same in Cubase and Sonar though.

Go Back to forum