• Register
  • Help

Topic: Expression Maps For GPO3?

Share/Bookmark

Expression Maps For GPO3?

1. Any vst expressions maps for GPO 3?

2. If not, how does one get the upgrade to GPO4 on-line? My NI/Kontakt serial # does -not- work in the shopping cart. And there's nothing @ the NI site any longer for GPO.

---JC

Re: Expression Maps For GPO3?

Hello,
    it actually depends if anything has been mapped differently for the presets in GPO4, but I just did a quick test here (just using the section strings), and the VST Expression Map for GPO Section Strings (from the GPO4 expression map set) works perfectly in GPO KP2 (and of course the 3.5 player), once again (sorry ) so long as you use the notation presets.
    If you want to be absolutely certain, use the standard presets, but then you'll have to remap all the remote keyswitches in the VST Expression editor.
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Thanks. Where does one get those expression maps?

---JC

Quote Originally Posted by vic_france View Post
    Hello,
    it actually depends if anything has been mapped differently for the presets in GPO4, but I just did a quick test here (just using the section strings), and the VST Expression Map for GPO Section Strings (from the GPO4 expression map set) works perfectly in GPO KP2 (and of course the 3.5 player), once again (sorry ) so long as you use the notation presets.
    If you want to be absolutely certain, use the standard presets, but then you'll have to remap all the remote keyswitches in the VST Expression editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntower View Post
    Thanks. Where does one get those expression maps?
    I've only just noticed that, on the Steinberg Site (Steinberg.net/Support/Downloads/Content and Accessories/Expression Maps for VST Expression), they haven't actually put the GPO maps online yet, merely announced that they are in preparation! (although of course they included in the GPO4 purchase).
    If Gary, or anyone else with the authority, would care to comment on whether these are copywrite-protected or not, if he is in accord, I would willingly post a link to them... it looks like they will be freely-available on the Steinberg website sooner or later anyways .
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

I e-mailed Garritan. Have not received reply as of yet. I appreciate your willingness to do this.

Thanks,

---JC

Quote Originally Posted by vic_france View Post
    I've only just noticed that, on the Steinberg Site (Steinberg.net/Support/Downloads/Content and Accessories/Expression Maps for VST Expression), they haven't actually put the GPO maps online yet, merely announced that they are in preparation! (although of course they included in the GPO4 purchase).
    If Gary, or anyone else with the authority, would care to comment on whether these are copywrite-protected or not, if he is in accord, I would willingly post a link to them... it looks like they will be freely-available on the Steinberg website sooner or later anyways .

Just heard back from Garritan support.

Apparently there will be no expression maps for earlier versions of GPO. Pity.

That means only that Garritan won't be making any.. nothing stops you making them yourself (like I said, I've been using GPO3 with expression maps perfectly happily.. the maps intended for GPO4 work just as well with GPO3). Obviously, having GPO4 myself, I'm only still using GPO3 on existing Projects (hmmm.. interesting concept.. how do you use GPO3 on a project that doesn't exist? )

Go Back to forum