• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Meteorite in the travel

Share/Bookmark

OT: Meteorite in the travel

Hi Guys. Just i believed it can be interesting to share with you. Today, my wife&kids and me were traveling from Buenos Aires to Santa Rosa. When it was the sunset time, we see something strange in the horizon, a little ball of fire that dissappear in the sky and leave smoke. We cant photo the meteorite? but we can photograph the smoke it leave. It was very interesting how the strong wind deform the smoke.
    Here are the takes, sorry my english for this explanation:

and here is how it looked when it become night. The reflect is my car where i put the camera:

If you want to see all the photos we take it´s here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcelo...7622344589461/

Later we see again another meteorite, green colored, but we were not fast enough to photo it.
    Well, it make the long trave a little less boring...
    Sorry about the meteorite therm, really i dont know what this is called.

Have nice night.
    Marcelo Colina

Re: OT: Meteorite in the travel

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post

Have nice night.
    Don't worry, it was just Gary coming back.

Raymond

I don't remember the details, but I believe that it was a rocket and not a meteorite. I remember seeing a nighttime photo just like yours in a science magazine just a few days ago. The nighttime clouds were caused by the exhaust of the rocket, if I recall correctly.

David

Quote Originally Posted by chambermusic View Post
    I don't remember the details, but I believe that it was a rocket and not a meteorite. I remember seeing a nighttime photo just like yours in a science magazine just a few days ago. The nighttime clouds were caused by the exhaust of the rocket, if I recall correctly.

David
    I believe you refer to other incident. It happened yesterday night.
    Marcelo Colina

I saw something similar about two years ago, off the Southern New Zealand Coast, but without smoke trails. On that occasion, there was a
    greenish 'tail' behind the object, but no noticeable smoke (it was at 6.30am, when I was out for my usual 'walk'). It turned out to be space-junk re-entering the atmosphere. Strangely enough, in a city of 114.000 population, only one other person saw fit to report the event, and, coincidentally, it was someone I knew, also out on a pre-dawn jaunt.

Ian Smith,
    Dunedin, New Zealand.
    IAN SMITH

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    Hi Guys. Just i believed it can be interesting to share with you. Today, my wife&kids and me were traveling from Buenos Aires to Santa Rosa. When it was the sunset time, we see something strange in the horizon, a little ball of fire that dissappear in the sky and leave smoke. We cant photo the meteorite? but we can photograph the smoke it leave. It was very interesting how the strong wind deform the smoke.
    Here are the takes, sorry my english for this explanation:

and here is how it looked when it become night. The reflect is my car where i put the camera:

If you want to see all the photos we take it´s here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcelo...7622344589461/

Later we see again another meteorite, green colored, but we were not fast enough to photo it.
    Well, it make the long trave a little less boring...

Have nice night.
    Exciting, Marce! I've never seen anything like that - Fascinating. Thanks for the story and the pictures - You described it all very well.

Randy

Go Back to forum