• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: You favorite developer is...

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Your favorite developer is...

Mine is Native Instruments. They have so many great affordable products that help me make my music. I just bought Evolve Mutations and it kicks bum... I love Kontakt 3.5, FM8 etc. NI are always updating their software (thanks for MIDI control in KORE!) and always seem to have something new. The brilliant marketing of the free Kore and Kontakt players are great. If you have a few bucks to spare there is always a great KORE library for well under $100.

Anybody else feel like chiming in?

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: You favorite developer is...

Project Sam - by far.

Their stuff just sounds so awesome--I love all of their products. They also have great personal customer service.

Spectrasonics !

Yves

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Spectrasonics !

Yves
    Ah yes! All good choices so far though.

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick View Post
    Mine is Native Instruments. They have so many great affordable products that help me make my music. I just bought Evolve Mutations and it kicks bum... I love Kontakt 3.5, FM8 etc. NI are always updating their software (thanks for MIDI control in KORE!) and always seem to have something new. The brilliant marketing of the free Kore and Kontakt players are great. If you have a few bucks to spare there is always a great KORE library for well under $100.

Anybody else feel like chiming in?

Darren
    Just to clarify, and forgive me if this is obvious, but some products that seem to be "NI" are actually just third party creations, such as Evolve Mutations. Can't credit NI for THAT being awesome- but I can't argue with NI's business model: let developers use the Kontakt Player engine and then take a nice chunk of change. Sounds good to me.

-Alex

I'm not sure I could pick just one favourite. Garritan and BelaDMedia both have to come top, for their combination of constantly pushing the envelope, with being the nicest people you can imagine to deal with.

I admire Vienna for the sheer magnitude of what they've done, in fact I think their overall product has to be my favourite, but they don't quite have the interactive community feel nailed the way that Gary and Francis do. And I love NI for the originality of some of their plugins, but they need to learn a few things about support.
    David

Not sure whether to choose Tonehammer or Spectrasonics. So different.

Mr. G hands down.

You can email him, chat with him during the Garritan chats, or even give him a call and he's always happy to help.

And who else provides a full orchestra for under 200 bones? Without his products I never would have been able to get started, and I imagine that holds true for a lot of other people as well.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Spectrasonics is awesome but Andrew K's AudioBro is also a new fave of mine.

Gotta say that Kirk Hunter is tremendous in the customer service dept. Garritan has also been very hands on with his customers.

I don't particularly care for NI only because they are so big and seem to be very impersonal.

Project SAM is also great.

One thing that's cool with where we are right now with this technology is the "boutique-ish" feel of the industry. It's so great to be able to talk to the people that make these instruments. I believe we may all look back on these as the "Golden Years" of virtual instruments. Soon Apple or Microsoft will buy all of these guys out and we'll be back to writing music the old fashion way (where you actually have to get a group of people together to play real instruments)

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Go Back to forum