• Register
  • Help

Topic: NEW MP3's FROM BARDSTOWN AUDIO

Share/Bookmark

NEW MP3\'s FROM BARDSTOWN AUDIO

We have just put up three new MP3\'s, two of which, featuring different electric archtop jazz guitar giga samples, which were not previously featured on our MP3 page. The guitar which is featured is the blonde Gibson L7 with the DeArmond pickup and pick samples. The previous electric jazz guitar samples which have been featured on our MP3 page are all thumb samples. For the rhythm guitar on these new MP3\'s, I layered both acoustic archtop guitar samples and electric jazz guitar with DeArmond pickup, both being picked samples rather than thumb. This gives the effect of both micing the acoustic portion of the guitar in addition to the electric sound, which is commonly done in many studios for this type of guitar for rhythm. The solo guitar is the electric jazz guitar with DeArmond pickup and pick samples, rather than thumb. The bass on these MP3\'s is the Dan Dean acoustic bass.

We have also put up one new MP3 featuring a different accordion on a \"blues shuffle\" ...PANcordion Tone Chamber accordion full master with all four reed sets. Also featured on this MP3 are Jim Roseberry\'s Studio Cat \"Purrfect Drums.\" There are plenty of Jim\'s snares doing a shuffle rhythm on this MP3. These snares sound absolutely wonderful! Also featured on this MP3 is Dan Dean\'s Gibson T-Bird bass which sounds wonderful on this rhythm & blues shuffle. The Hammond B3 organ that I used is the Native instruments B4 Organ.

You can check these new MP3\'s out by going to www.bardstownaudio.com and then clicking on the MP3\'s page. These new demos are designated at the top of the list with flashing colored diamonds.

Thanks,

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

Re: NEW MP3\'s FROM BARDSTOWN AUDIO

I am currently working on some additional demos, which feature sampled instruments produced by various developers in the industry....Dan Dean, Donnie Christian, Jim Roseberry, plus some other developers, including some of my own instrument samples as well.

There will be a variety of music styles presented in these demos, and I will be putting them up on my web site over the next week or so. I will keep everyone posted as to the progress on this venture.

Thank you,

Kip

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    Originally posted by nicholash:
    Thanks Kip. I have enjoyed listening to all your demos so far.

Best regards
    Nicholas
    p.s. Is the audio in the \"Shuffle\" excerpt recorded at too high a level, because I detect some clipping distortion in the mp3?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi Nicholas,

I am glad you enjoy the demos, and yes, there is a little bit of clipping in a few places on the shuffle, but my ears did not detect any distortion on my monitors. Normally, I would remove clips that I cannot detect with my own ears on my monitors, but I have been rather busy lately and said to heck with it and put them up on my MP3 page as they were. I always record tacks as hot as I can just before clipping, but got a little sloppy on this one....sorry. Let me know if your ears hear audible clips on your system, other than just meter indication, and if so, I will fix them.

Thanks,

Kip
    Thanks Kip.

Interestingly, someone e-mailed me very recently about a little distortion on some mp3s of the Veridical Sounds sampled Bechstein upright piano. After much listening and research, I found that one of the samples seems to sound fine at quite a high volume, but sounds more \'fuzzy\' at lower volumes. Currently, I can\'t explain this! In fact, it has given me the idea for another \'listening exercise\'(!) to ask others to see if they experience the same phenomenon.

Best regards
    Nicholas

I just want to clarify that there is absolutely no clipping in any of the samples themselves. Like I mentioned previously, I recorded all of the instruments, organ, drums, accordion, and bass, on this demo as hot as possible without noticeable distortion. I should have taken a bit more time when I mixed this demo with all of the other instruments in order to have completely eliminated the occasionally clip on the meters, which I could not detect with my ears on my monitors. When I mixed this particular demo, I critically listened to it at various volume levels and could not detect anything with my ears or monitors. So therefore, I went ahead and encoded the MP3 and put it up on my web site \"as is\" for the sake of time.

Kip

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    I just want to clarify that there is absolutely no clipping in any of the samples themselves. Like I mentioned previously, I recorded all of the instruments, organ, drums, accordion, and bass, on this demo as hot as possible without noticeable distortion. I should have taken a bit more time when I mixed this demo with all of the other instruments in order to have completely eliminated the occasionally clip on the meters, which I could not detect with my ears on my monitors. When I mixed this particular demo, I critically listened to it at various volume levels and could not detect anything with my ears or monitors. So therefore, I went ahead and encoded the MP3 and put it up on my web site \"as is\" for the sake of time.

Kip

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kip, please relax: I doubt very much that anyone was thinking that any of your samples suffer from clipping distortion. There was nothing in our messages to suggest otherwise.

Best regards
    Nicholas

I am currently working on some additional demos, which feature sampled instruments produced by various developers in the industry....Dan Dean, Donnie Christian, Jim Roseberry, plus some other developers, including some of my own instrument samples as well.

There will be a variety of music styles presented in these demos, and I will be putting them up on my web site over the next week or so. I will keep everyone posted as to the progress on this venture.

Thank you,

Kip

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best regards
    Nicholas
    p.s. Is the audio in the \"Shuffle\" excerpt recorded at too high a level, because I detect some clipping distortion in the mp3?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nicholash:

Best regards
    Nicholas

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi Nicholas,

I am glad you enjoy the demos, and yes, there is a little bit of clipping in a few places on the shuffle, but my ears did not detect any distortion on my monitors. Normally, I would remove clips that I cannot detect with my own ears on my monitors, but I have been rather busy lately and said to heck with it and put them up on my MP3 page as they were. I always record tacks as hot as I can just before clipping, but got a little sloppy on this one....sorry. Let me know if your ears hear audible clips on your system, other than just meter indication, and if so, I will fix them.

Thanks,

Kip

Go Back to forum