• Register
  • Help

Topic: Steinway VST Won't Register

Share/Bookmark

Steinway VST Won't Register

So, I finally freed up enough disk space to install the Steinway Basic I bought months ago. I got the stand-alone to work by dragging the keycard onto the player. But, now I have the VST loaded into Sonar, and dragging the keycard is not registering it. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Steinway VST Won't Register

Quote Originally Posted by raweber View Post
    So, I finally freed up enough disk space to install the Steinway Basic I bought months ago. I got the stand-alone to work by dragging the keycard onto the player. But, now I have the VST loaded into Sonar, and dragging the keycard is not registering it. What am I doing wrong?
    Any ARIA product need only to be registered once on a machine for a user.
    You dont need to register Steinway both as a VST and standalone.
    What does the ARIA say in sonar?

If its a different machine or a different user, i suggest running the standalone to register the plugin. BUt im quite surprised about sonar and dragging the key, first time i hear of a problem there.

Regards
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

I have to revise, slightly. The stand-alone will let me play, but when I load it it tells me that it's not registered. I can drag the card onto to standalone, but then when I hit license on the info page, it still tells me that it's not registered.

As a vst in Sonar, I can't even play it. The keys are greyed out and it doesn't load the samples.

Maybe I should uninstall and try again.

Okay, I've uninstalled and reinstalled. When I get to the Sample Manager, it's asking me for my Registration Number. I'm not sure where to find that. I'm thinking maybe that's why dragging the keycard over isn't working.

So, where do I find my registration number? I've been all over the Garritan.biz site looking for it.

I don't work with the web shop at all, but I believe you would have gotten your serial number when you bought the product. If you're having trouble finding your serial number I'd suggest to contact support, and it should be fairly simple for them to email it to you again.

As for it not playing in Sonar, I would say there's a good chance that you just needed to click on the Microphone Position box, and choose Basic, and it would load and play for you okay in Sonar. If I recall correctly, the Steinway doesn't always automatically load the samples in every host, but it's fairly simple just to click on the box and it will then load.

Go Back to forum