• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some MIDI keyboards not recognized w/ GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Some MIDI keyboards not recognized w/ GPO4

When I have several MIDI keyboards connected to my computer, only one of them seems to work with GPO4 stand-alone. All the keyboards show up in the ARIA Player Preferences and are checked. However, only one of them will actually trigger notes to the Aria Player. In particular, I have an M-Audio Keystation Pro88 (via USB), an M-Audio Axiom 25 (via USB), and an older Roland synth (via another MIDI interface). Only the Pro88 will trigger GPO4 stand-alone.
    This is on a Mac Pro, OSX10.6.1 computer. All keyboards are recognized by the Audio MIDI Setup.
    When GPO4 is used as a plug-in to Cubase5, all keyboards work fine. This seems to be a problem with the stand-alone ARIA player.
    Any ideas to fix?

Re: Some MIDI keyboards not recognized w/ GPO4

Hi, billooms - I take it this for some reason is a problem for you that has to be fixed--? I mean, you apparently need to use the stand-alone for some reason.

Have you tried checking only one keyboard at a time in stand-alone instead of having them all checked at once?

---interesting--almost amazing that you have so many keyboards. ----!

But if you can get one of the boards to work in stand-alone--isn't that sufficient--?

Randy

How would you go with an organ that has several keyboards?

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Or if you wish, manuals and pedal-kbd.

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Hi

Sorry for stating the obvious, but the external keyboards are all set to send MIDI on the right channel for
    the instrument you selected in the interface?
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thanks for the responses.

I'm using it stand-alone for now, because it's much easier when learning the changes from GPO3. The reason for multi keyboards is that the pro88 is a full width keyboard, but the aAxiom 25 has after touch and touch sensitive pads for percussion. (I don't really need the Roland for now with the stand-alone).

David -- I think you hit on the solution. I loaded up an ensemble that used all 16 channels, and found that all the keyboards play a different instrument. So now I've got to find the manuals so I can set the Tx channel. This was not a problem in Cubase, because it apparently strips the channel information when you use "any midi input".

Thanks for your help!

Go Back to forum