• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need help with Gigastrings and the Giga Editor

Share/Bookmark

Need help with Gigastrings and the Giga Editor

I just got this amazing library today and am overwhelmed ! I want to adjust the attack of one of the long bow violin samples within Gigastrings (Warm VS SusV) and make it a tad bit slower. How do I do this?
    I know how to adjust attacks and decays of individual samples from other libraries, but when I load up the entire long bows 1 from Gigastrings, it gives me all of the sounds. How can I isolate the Warm VS SusV sound and adjust the attack a little and then save it?
    Thanks

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 09-17-2001).]

Re: Need help with Gigastrings and the Giga Editor

Darnit Damon, I haven\'t gotten my order yet. I\'m jealous!

There are a couple ways to adjust the attack. GigaStudio always loads in the full multi-gigs. So you will still have to load it and then find the patch in the instrument window at the left side of the screen and click on it. Make sure you highlight all the regions and velocity levels, make your changes and then save the file. It will take a little while to save.

There is another approach that works with many patches which is called the Attack Envelope Control. This is linked to GPC-1 and is MIDI controller 16. You can set this up in your sequencer at the beginning of the track as a MIDI controller. If you need to change the attack during the piece, just change this controller number.

Great! Thanks for the help Hadyn!
    For those who haven\'t gotten your order yet, wait till you get this library. It\'s AMAZING!

Go Back to forum