• Register
  • Help

Topic: Limited Installations?

Limited Installations?

I understand that buying Garritan Authorized Steinway product is bought under a limited license.

I am surprised that I am only allowed to have four installations of the software. It seems as the limitations stems from trying to enforce the compliance of the agreement as set under the license of use.

My problem is that I like to play around with my OS. I have a Macbook Pro with Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows 7 (Student Edition) and would like to install on both of the OS'. This would from the start use two of my four installations. If I would change my HDD, I would end up using all my installation quota. I could limit myself to Mac OS X, but I think that I would still quite quickly use up my quota.

Is the limitation of four installations correct?

Re: Limited Installations?

Actually it's a maximum of 4 simultaneous installations on computers that you personally own. So if for example, if you have three laptops and a desktop, you can install it on all of them. There is no limit on the number of lifetime installations.
    I asked Gary if he could correct the link (and the manual has the same wording to correct) since it could easily have been interpreted to mean max of 4 lifetime installations - which isn't the case.

Re: Limited Installations?

Thank you for the quick reply.

Four simultaneous installations sounds good.

I hope no one minds that I pose a 2nd quesion. Some retailers are still selling the standard edition- are there any reasons why a consumer should not buy the standard edition in terms of support or there being a new standard edition coming out with more features?

The standard edition seems to be an interesting option

Go Back to forum