• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Colors in Symphobia

Share/Bookmark

Talking Colors in Symphobia

Hallo!
    There is one thing that makes me crazy...

why in Symphobia Brass are BLUE and Woodwinds are YELLOW?
    thinking about the real instruments for me it's obvious that they must be inverted.

even the StringsandBrass section recorded at one time is ORANGE (red+yellow of course)

in my template i use colors in this way...

Str - red
    Brs - yellow
    Ww - blue
    Str+Brs - orange
    keys - dark brown
    perc - light brown

OK i know that is a stupid thing, but i was just curious if i was the only man on the planet thinking this about symphobia or not.
    (and this is my first post on this forum, so shame on me to begin with this useless thread! )

PS: excuse me if my english sometimes is strange, but i come from italy...

ciao!

Re: Colors in Symphobia

No, you are not alone. That strikes me too!
    rothermusic.de

Interesting. Although I do not own Symphobia, for years I have used the same color scheme. The one section that screams "blue" to me is the Brass. Maybe it is my background as a jazz player but how can an oboe be blue? LOL!

Funny, I've used almost the same color scheme for quite some time. The reason I make my woodwinds blue (a light French blue, mind you) is because I associate woodwinds with a disc I had of Woodwind Quartet and Quintet featuring composers such as Jean Francaix, Debussy, Ravel, and Milhaud. Yes, woodwinds are definitely Frawnsh Blue in my world.

Percussion, oddly, is purple.

Mahlon

How anyone can have Blue brass is beyond me
    Brass is green! :P

Must be one of those things. Back when I actually had a working template in MusicShop, my brass were yellow/gold, woodwinds blue/green, strings various pale browns (all I could think of, even though only the lower strings sound at all "brown") -- and synth keyboards and pads in electric purple and violet.

Quote Originally Posted by nomuse View Post
    Must be one of those things. Back when I actually had a working template in MusicShop, my brass were yellow/gold, woodwinds blue/green, strings various pale browns (all I could think of, even though only the lower strings sound at all "brown") -- and synth keyboards and pads in electric purple and violet.
    That's coincidental! My color template in DP is set up almost the same way! Woods are green and dark green (almost black), Brass are red and gold, strings are foresty-greens and browns.

I don't understand what anyone is talking about. I have Symphobia but I wasn't aware of any colours. Being totally colour blind may have something to do with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I don't understand what anyone is talking about. I have Symphobia but I wasn't aware of any colours. Being totally colour blind may have something to do with it though.
    You must update to 1.1 via NI Service center or via ProjectSAM website
    http://www.projectsam.com

I was speaking of my clip colors in Sonar track view. The Symphobia color 'strips' are rather minimal color indicators per instrument section. Unfortunately, don't expect to have a beautiful NBC peacock display on your screen.

Mahlon

Go Back to forum