• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please Help With Sound Design in Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Please Help With Sound Design in Omnisphere

Hi,

In the contest prior to the release of Omnisphere, there is the piece called "Inside A Dream" by Julian Martinez. I advise everyone to have a listen because it is just great (in fact all the winner tunes are terrific).
    There's this pulsing sound at 1:15 to 1:20 which I would like to try and get. I think the patch's name in Omni is "Pax Groove 2". Could you advise on how to get that sound to pulse so beautifully? any ideas?

Thanks.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Please Help With Sound Design in Omnisphere

could it be made with an envelope..?

Yes, I think the envelopes are the key here but I couldn't get the patch to sound like in that tune.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Hi

Is this close:

Pax Groove 3 SDW.prt_omn.zip - 0.00MB

I doubled the speed of Mod Env 1 and made the attacks shorter, modulated the filter and amp, and added lots of feedback on the delay.

Adjusting the sample start time makes a big difference as the sample is evolving so much.

(UL'd it from Mac, don't know if these are cross-platform, but be sure to hit the refresh button after you've put the patch in your Patches/User folder)

Hey Steve,
    Thanks for the effort. Your patch is getting close but still not quite. BTW I'm on a PC and your patch worked so it's cross platform which is great.
    I think I got something closer to the original but for some reason I can't upload files using the "upload center" (red button). Its says I don't have sufficient privileges
    I'll see if I can upload it some other way or you can send me a PM with your email and I'll send the file your way.

Seeya.

Edit: Here's the patch

Thanks yairhol... nice patch regardless of whether it's a exact copy or not

BUT!

There's something weird going on.
    First, your patch was playing a double time at first, it sounded like a snare roll and I knew that wasn't what you intended. The track is at 145 BPM, so I slowed the sequencer down to half of that and it sounded great, so I went in to your patch and halved the Mod 1 Env speed, and the delay speed, than at 145 it sounded correct

Then I re-downloaded my own patch just to check that sending patches is working and OK. When I played it (with my seq clock at 145 BPM like the competition track), it was obviously out of time! The rhythm comes from a combination of the Mod 1 env and Delay (like in yours) and it was obviously not syncing. I tried my original patch that didn't go across the internet, and all was fine. After adjusting the tempo and re-setting the Omni rate parameters it was OK again.

I prefer your patch to mine, but can you answer me this: Is my patch sounding loose, sloppy, or out of time, the rhythm should sound very, very metronomic (even if it's not the effect you were looking for) If so changing the Mod 1 speed, delay time, and sequencer tempo, and then resetting them back to the original should cure it.

Is there a bug creeping in with exchanged patches?

Hi Steve,
    Your patch was double time also. I had to half the tempo of the mod env 1 in order to get it right.
    On the other hand there's this guy which made 8 Omni patches and gives them for free. I downloaded and played them and they all sounded fine.

There maybe some things wrong when importing patches or maybe not.
    I cannot say I'm that proficient with Omni to know for sure I did not do anything wrong while coming up with that patch.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try some more upload/download tests.

Great, please update us if that's possible.

Go Back to forum