• Register
  • Help

Topic: Woodwind KS Instruments

Share/Bookmark

Woodwind KS Instruments

I know there is a KS Flute in the woodwind section of GPO4, but why isn't the other woodwinds given a KS version? Is there a technical issue to be addressed, or is it the subject of a future release?

I love the KS Flute (working with the Expression Map in Cubase 5.1). Please give some thought to other KS versions of instruments.

Regards,
    Steve
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

Re: Woodwind KS Instruments

There are simply no non-vib or flutter samples of the other woodwinds, so it doesn't make much sense to have a key switch. I would love to see more articulations and variations as well, but that's going to cost money, I'm afraid. At this price, there is not much room for extra samples (you would have to double the number of samples of at least two instruments in the other classes for it to make sense). But if it were done, I would welcome our new fluttering reedy overlords.

That's a shame. I would have been prepared to pay a bit more for them. Still I think that GPO4 is superb for the money.
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

Perhaps Garritan could offer extra additional sample sets for GPO4? Extra keyboards, extra woodwinds, extra articulations, other solo strings, divisi etc. If the price is right, who knows? Then again, if only 10% of his customer base is going to buy these extra samples, they're bound to be more expensive. But at the current price, GPO is unbeatable.

Of course, you can always save up for the Vienna Symphonic Library or Sonic Implants

There may be something in the future. A while back, Gary announced plans for "GPO Advanced," but that seems to have changed. "Garritan Orchestral Strings 2" was supposed to be included in it, but now seems to be in development as a separate product. Perhaps Woodwinds and Brass will follow suit later?

(Just speculating, I have no inside information!)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers View Post
    (Just speculating, I have no inside information!)
    Too bad. Perhaps there are people with inside information who wish to post anonymously? Pretty please?

No, I know that kind of information can make or break the market share. If you promise too early or idly, people can turn away, so I shouldn't get false hopes. But "Advanced" sounds (think drum hit about here) good to me.

Go Back to forum