• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bidule?

Share/Bookmark

Question Bidule?

Can anyone explain to me Bidule and also what its pros/cons are? I looked on their website, but I'm still pretty new to music engineering so I didn't quite understand what its purpose is. Any/all help is appreciated. Thanks!

--Lee

Re: Bidule?

It is like a Construction Kit for a "Do-it-yourself" project. It allows you to route audio&midi in any way you wish, experiment filtering, morphing, combining, etc your sounds. It works in a "modular" way, instead of the traditional track view we are custom.
    It´s a great tool if you want experiment or solve specific situations. But, you know, the DIY thing is not for all. Some of us, just prefer to call the plumber
    Marcelo Colina

Bidule is one of the top 5 pieces of music software made. It is utterly the best software (on a mac) for hosting VST instruments and AU plugs etc... It is like a car that runs off of water. It is simple, always works, stable as hell, and just fantastic for the price. Couldn't work with out it really.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    Bidule is one of the top 5 pieces of music software made. It is utterly the best software (on a mac) for hosting VST instruments and AU plugs etc... It is like a car that runs off of water. It is simple, always works, stable as hell, and just fantastic for the price. Couldn't work with out it really.

Hope that helps.
    Well, it was, but I think Vienna Ensemble Pro may now hold that title.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post

Hope that helps.
    I agree. I use it since years with all kind of VSTs. It never crashes.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
    Well, it was, but I think Vienna Ensemble Pro may now hold that title.
    I was probably going to purchase Vienna Ensemble Pro. Should I get that instead of Bidule? Thanks everyone for your responses.

--Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Zastrozzi View Post
    I was probably going to purchase Vienna Ensemble Pro. Should I get that instead of Bidule? Thanks everyone for your responses.

--Lee
    There are still some growing pains with VE Pro, as you might expect with a 1.0, but Vienna says an update is coming soon, and there is no doubt in my mind that once these issues are worked out, it will have many significant advantages over Bidule.

www.jayasher.com

I think if you wanna "do stuff" with your plugs VE might be the way to go - but its all dongle protected and what not.

If you want no fuss, set and forget then get bidule. I will never switch the VE pro - bidule is just that good.

Yes but Bidule has some latency and you have to bring in the audio through ADAT/Lighpipe, or Soundflower, or IAC bus, etc. unless you do ReWire, and then everything goes to only 1 core.

None of that is true with VE Pro: no additional audio or MIDI device, no latency, etc.

Bidule is fine, but IMHO VE Pro is a game changer.

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum