• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What's The Best Piano For This Sound?

Share/Bookmark

What's The Best Piano For This Sound?

I own Ivory but have not updated it in ages, so it no longer works on my system. I've been just slumming by getting by with the pianos in Logic and PT, and it's time to get a better sample. I liked Ivory OK but still felt something was missing so never upgraded.

I know the one from East West seems highly regarded, but I fear PLAY like the plague from all the reports of bugginess.

I have posted a very short clip of the kind of sound I'm after and would appreciate any advice for something even close to this type of piano sound, which is very bell like and capable of these soft and intimate velocity levels....thanks so much for any advice folks.

Here's the link:

http://homepage.mac.com/oceantracks/...%20Example.zip

Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Re: What's The Best Piano For This Sound?

I don't own it but for some reason as soon as i heard your clip I thought of the Art Vista Virtual Grand. Check it out.
    JP

Try the Sampletekk TSO "The Small One". It's a bit dry so you'll have to add some room.

http://www.sampletekk.com/proddetail...VER-013-FORMAT

I think ArtVista virtual grand can do the job.

beautiful piece btw.. did you create your own?
    If not from which album/artist can I get that song?

Quote Originally Posted by tomhartman View Post
    I own Ivory but have not updated it in ages, so it no longer works on my system. I've been just slumming by getting by with the pianos in Logic and PT, and it's time to get a better sample. I liked Ivory OK but still felt something was missing so never upgraded.

I know the one from East West seems highly regarded, but I fear PLAY like the plague from all the reports of bugginess.

I have posted a very short clip of the kind of sound I'm after and would appreciate any advice for something even close to this type of piano sound, which is very bell like and capable of these soft and intimate velocity levels....thanks so much for any advice folks.

Here's the link:

http://homepage.mac.com/oceantracks/...%20Example.zip

Tom

I actually think the little TSO works well...mainly for the single note stuff...but I really like the ArtVista, and will go for that next!

The excerpt is from one of the cuts on the new Barbara Streisand album produced by Diana Krall, the orchestration is pretty wonderful

Thanks to all,
    Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Red face Re: What's The Best Piano For This Sound?

Tom, Art Vista virtual grand does have a Diana Krall preset btw.. so it should be quite similar as what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by hendyb View Post
    Tom, Art Vista virtual grand does have a Diana Krall preset btw.. so it should be quite similar as what you want.
    Wow had no idea, thanks for that! Great..

TH

Unfortunately I don't own it, but the Vienna Imperial from VSL sounds amazing...

Art Vista for sure. Great piano. I also love their old Malmsjo piano. Just in a place of it's own.

BTW, we have a mutual friend in C. Kirkpatrick.

RickyB

Definitely will check it out thanks...

Chuck. My hero!

TH

Go Back to forum