• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic Score Editor

Share/Bookmark

Logic Score Editor

Are there people who use Logic's score editor for composition?

I made most of my music using the piano roll. I want to start working more with music notation, but I find the score editor not very user friendly in Logic.

I guess it would be better to use a notation software instead for working in a score?

Which software would you recommend that is capable of exporting compositions later on into Logic as a midi file?

Several questions... but I hope I am making myself clear...

I use Logic 9 with VSL Special Editions, and some EWQL, Bela D Media and Native Instruments libraries/instruments.

Thanks for your input.

Jef

Re: Logic Score Editor

Logic's score editor, while idiosyncratic is very capable. I have done hundreds of TV episodes and film scores with it for myself and other composers.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Thank you for the reply Jay.
    I am sure that the score editor in Logic is very capable, but whenever I tried to use it it drove me crazy. I find it totally confusing and not intuitive or user friendly. The supplied documentation in the manual is not helping very much either.
    I also want to study more on music theory, do composition exercises etc... but perhaps Logic would not be the first choice to do that?
    Therefore I would consider a good notation program that offers at least some compatibility to transfer compositions later on into Logic.
    I never used such a Notation program though, hence my question for experiences of other users...

Indeed, intuitive it is not.

However Johannes Prischl's book on Logic's Score Editor, even though old, still mostly applies.

http://prischl.net/LNG/index.html

www.jayasher.com

Thanks for the link!

Unfortunately they still seem to ask a lot of money for an 11 year old book that has not been updated...

Quote Originally Posted by aeronaut View Post
    Thanks for the link!

Unfortunately they still seem to ask a lot of money for an 11 year old book that has not been updated...

It is the only one. And personally, I do not think that $54 is a lot for it.

www.jayasher.com

Logic Score Editor

thank you, im resolving this problem with GE customer support and with engeneers who installed Win Embedded... Have anybody any experiences with Embedded and Logic Developer PC? thanks

Go Back to forum