• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4, ARIA GUI, Sonar 8.3.1 & Windows XP Oddity

Share/Bookmark

GPO4, ARIA GUI, Sonar 8.3.1 & Windows XP Oddity

As per the title, I'm hosting GPO4 and ARIA with Sonar Studio (8.3.1 ) under Windows XP. I am experiencing an unusual phenomena with ARIA's GUI. Sometimes, enough to cause concern, when I bring up the GUI I'm faced with a blank page (the GUI's frame is there, but no control's are showing). I can start clicking within the blank frame and blocks of the mixer will start to appear. If I'm careful, I can click and fine the individual slots to add instruments .... very tedious!

I've tried deleting and reloading the GPO/ARIA plugin, exiting and restarting Sonar with no success. Has anyone else run across this anomaly or know what might be the problem?

Thanks,

Doug

Re: GPO4, ARIA GUI, Sonar 8.3.1 & Windows XP Oddity

I'm going to take a guess at the display drivers. Are your display drivers up to date? If not, update them and see if that has cured the issue.
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

Re: GPO4, ARIA GUI, Sonar 8.3.1 & Windows XP Oddity

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, everything is current (I'm a stickler for that). If I wasn't clear before (or forgot to add it), this is an intermittent issue, not continuous.

Doug

Added 10/29/09:

If I close and then restart Sonar, ARIA is back to full display ...... I think I'll check with the Cakewalk people also.
    Last edited by dhsherbert; 10-29-2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Additional info

Go Back to forum