• Register
  • Help

Topic: FX from RMX/Omnisphere (Nomad Factory) Super Deal... Expires Oct. 10th

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up FX from RMX/Omnisphere (Nomad Factory) Super Deal... Expires Oct. 10th

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but...

If, like me, you've been wishing that you had a VST version of most of the effects rack FX from RMX/Omnisphere, you won't want to miss the humongous sale on Nomad Factory's plug-ins over at Don't Crack... 27 plug-ins, including plugs that would seem to be the basis for things like the Tape Slammer, Radio Delay, Tube Limiter, etc. in one pack for just $249 (would be $3000 if purchased individually).

Price expires October 10th. Check it out here - "Nomad Producer Pack II":

http://store.dontcrack.com/product_i...roducts_id=272

I missed this when the original version went on sale last year and had been kicking myself... Just picked it up and am completely psyched.

Best Regards,
    Keith

Re: FX from RMX/Omnisphere (Nomad Factory) Super Deal... Expires Oct. 10th

Keith , do you know for a fact that the Spectrasonic's FX are Nomad?
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Jay,

from the website it appears so...

B

I think it would be great if they released an FX rack plugin, like in Stylus or Omnisphere, where you could put 4 or 8 of the effects into one plugin at a time ....

and then add modulation, lfos and mod envelopes like omnisphere ...

being able to put that stuff on any track I want before or after any other processing I want ...

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
    Yes, they do seem to have been developed by Nomad Factory.

As a quick follow-up on my original post:

The things I'm most enjoying out of this bundle are the Liquid Delay (which is very similar to the Radio Delay in RMX/Omni, but has more configuration options), the Motown Music-Tone and Film-Tone EQs (which have a really sweet sound, but don't have an equivalent in RMX/Omni), and the Analog Trackbox and the TapeWarmer (like Tape Slammer).

All-in-all a really cool bundle and, even though I have a *lot* of plug-ins already, these have their own unique color and am greatly enjoying them. A good deal.

I've not compared the Pultec emulations to the UAD ones yet.

YMMV, of course, but the plugs in this bundle are very useful to me as I do a lot of stuff with a very-slightly-lo-fi or vintage edge. So, in addition to getting a delay with very similar options and sound to the RMX ones, I like most of the rest of them for the color and character that they can add to tracks.

Best Regards,
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kcrosley View Post
    Yes, they do seem to have been developed by Nomad Factory.
    Clarification: A few of the FX units in the Spectrasonics FX rack were created in partnership with Nomad Factory, but by no means all of them. Lots of the Spectrasonics FX rack was developed in-house and others still created exclusively for Spectrasonics by other talented third party FX designers. We work with a lot of different people around the world to create our rack.

A more correct statement would be that Nomad Factory created most of the current EQ and Compressor/Limiter/Amp plug-ins in the Spectrasonics FX rack.

This particulat bundle for sale is NOT those FX licensed to Spectrasonics, but some are similar since they are based on the same Nomad codebase.

Go Back to forum