• Register
  • Help

Topic: Committees

Share/Bookmark

Committees

Is the Nobel Awards committee the same committee that decides the Oscars? Or local planning decisions?

Just askin'

Re: Committees

Seriously..really....seriously. What has Obama done to earn a Nobel Peace Prize? I'm not bashing him, I'm just at a total loss....

-Kevin

[EDIT]
    Ok, just did some reading on several web sites. Even Obama is mystified as to why he is being given the award. The Nobel Peace Prize is for action taken, not for promises made. I'm not going to rant and say it is a disgrace and that it blemishes the winners of the award in the past. However, to say it is sour grapes is taking it to the other far extreme. I think it is a healthy exercise to question the awarding of such a prestigious, probably the most prestigious, award in the world to someone who has yet to accomplish anything. Think of the people he has now been ranked with:

Gorbachev (sp?)
    Dahli Lama
    Mother Theresa

The list goes on and on. The prize needs to be earned via outstanding action. Obama simply does not fit the bill.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Here ya go, Paul - A song you might enjoy learning:

Randy
    There isn't a rag in the world that I can't play.

I understand that President Obama was nominated two weeks after becoming President. That's nothing to do with President Obama and nothing to do with sour grapes. We're British - which means we would kill the whole planet if it suited us. Peace? What have we got to do with peace?

This is simply an inditement on how committees work.

I am not George Bush!

So where do I pick up my Nobel?

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Go Back to forum