• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan will not load

Garritan will not load

I've scoured the internet and can find nothing about this error. I have loaded Finale 2008 on my MacBook Pro from the original install discs. After I load Finale, I return to the install disc to load the Garritan sounds and I get the error message: 'Finale 2008 must be installed before installing Garritan Instruments for Finale." What Went Wrong???? Please Help!!

Re: Garritan will not load

Hello drumthumb and a very warm welcome to our forums.

First, I use Finale 2010 on a PC so I'm not too sure I can help with your Mac but I'll have a go.

When installing Finale on a PC, after Finale itself has installed it usually then proceeds with installing the bundled samples. I'm not sure if this is also the case with the Mac or if you have to manually install the libraries.

If all should have installed automatically, one suggestion is to completely uninstall your Finale 2008 clean up your system then try a completely fresh install. When installing on the PC, there are boxes to tick to opt for installing the libraries and the player; I forget if it's the KP2 or the Aria player for Finale 2008. Again, if this is the case with the Mac, look out for these options and make sure the options to install the Garritan sounds are selected.

I hope this is of some help and here's hoping some of our Finale/Mac members reply.

Good luck.
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Garritan will not load

Thanks Michael. I've tried uninstalling, then re-installing. I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm new to Mac (I'm in my 3rd week of ownership) so perhaps there are artifacts left on the machine which I do not yet know how to remove. I haven't had to re-enter the S/N when re-installing, so there must be something which stays on the HD. I'll try again to get everything off of the machine then re-install.

Go Back to forum