• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Snow Leopard Users Beware!

Snow Leopard Users Beware!

Data losses in Snow Leopard bug

Users of the new Apple operating system Snow Leopard are experiencing massive data losses when logging into their machines under a guest account.

The problem appears to affect those who had a guest account enabled before upgrading to Snow Leopard.

Users have in some cases lost their entire main profile, including sites, pictures, videos and documents.

Indications are that the Snow Leopard bug simply treats the principal account like a guest account - meaning that the account profile is wiped clean when logging out.

Users who first log into a guest account and then into their normal account have found it to be completely reset to factory default settings, with none of their personal data or files visible.

More here

Make sure your data's backed up!

Re: Snow Leopard Users Beware!

Oops, I have no words for this.... .
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

That is some bad mojo. Thanks for the heads up Tony! I've not taken the Snow Leopard plunge yet, it is still too dicey for my taste in the audio world...

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

I am sooooooooo glad that I held off in updating my two Apple computers to Snow Leopard!! I'm usually that impulsive computer-geek-wanna-be that upgrades the moment one becomes available. Having been burnt a bit over a couple of recent updates that I made, I've decided to take that "wait and see" approach. Sure glad I did with regards to the Snow Leopard operating system.

Thanks for the info, Tony!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Chandler, Arizona

Phew!! Good thing I use Windows!

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post

as often as Windoze is made fun of by Mac lovers,
    you deserve to post that Haydn, but fortunately for
    Mac lovers, it will be a long long time before Apple
    catches up to the amount of serious headaches that
    billions have experienced using Windows.

Dan, another lover of Mac computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post

Phew!! Good thing I use Linux

ha ha ha h a

Chicago North side

First Windows, now Mac with the problems! That's why I'm sticking with MS-DOS and my reliable dot matrix printer!
    Wider is better.

i heard about this at work today. i'm glad someone posted it here. its starting to seem like snow leopard is turning into window's vista!!!

...but i'm with dan on this one.
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Go Back to forum