• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Variations on a Theme" for Wind Ensemble

Share/Bookmark

"Variations on a Theme" for Wind Ensemble

It's just another work-in-progress with a long way to go before completion but it's a start.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...29,%202009.mp3
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: "Variations on a Theme" for Wind Ensemble

I enjoy this piece. Very nice. Good use of GPO.

brsmith
    www.brsmusic.net

That's a delightful piece. Jumping from majestic to frolicking and back. Echoes of Copland in the fast section (at 2/3 or so). Good sound, clear voices. I like it!
    Theo

Hi Mitch,
    Good job. How about an Irish name for †his?
    Was this mostly woodwinds in †he upper voices? I didn't detect trumpet sounds until the end. I sometimes find †he trumpets not coming out enough.

Gary

Yes Gary, there are trumpets in there somewhere. Will have to take a closer look at my dynamics to see if there is something I can do to bring them out more.
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Go Back to forum