• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: GPO and SONAR 2.2

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    12

    GPO and SONAR 2.2

    After being dormant for the last 3 years or so, I'm reviving my home studio. I currently have SONAR 2.2 and 2.4 GHz AMD based PC with 1G of RAM.

    1. Will the latest version of GPO integrate into SONAR 2.2? In other words, can I pull it up as a DXi in SONAR 2.2.?
    2. Can I get DECENT functionality from GPO with only a 2.4 GHz, AMD processor?


    Thanks - bpoco

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona
    Posts
    4,045

    Re: GPO and SONAR 2.2

    The ARIA GPO4 version doesn't have a DXi version. You'll have to use it as a VST in Sonar 2.2.

    Jim

  3. #3

    Re: GPO and SONAR 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by bpoco View Post
    After being dormant for the last 3 years or so, I'm reviving my home studio. I currently have SONAR 2.2 and 2.4 GHz AMD based PC with 1G of RAM.

    1. Will the latest version of GPO integrate into SONAR 2.2? In other words, can I pull it up as a DXi in SONAR 2.2.?
    2. Can I get DECENT functionality from GPO with only a 2.4 GHz, AMD processor?


    Thanks - bpoco
    Hello bpoco and a warm welcome to our forums.

    Jim has answered your first question. Regarding your second question, I think the best way to answer is to quote the recommended system requirements.

    System Requirements

    Running Personal Orchestra is dependent on the speed of your computer. The faster the processor the better.

    • 1.8 Ghz Core 2 Duo MacIntel or better; 2.8 Ghz CPU Pentium 4 or better (single core CPU). Users report G5 PPC Macs work, but no guarantee as you will not get optimal performance.
    • 2 GB RAM Recommended
    • 3.5 GB of free hard drive space
    • Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
    • Internet connection for download version, DVD ROM drive required for boxed version installation.
    • Monitor with 1,024 x 768 resolution or better
    • A sound card compatible with ASIO, DirectSound, or MME
    • MIDI: A MIDI or USB interface may be required if you are using a n electronic keyboard (88-key full-sized MIDI keyboard recommended). A keyboard with Mod Wheel is highly recommended.
    • High quality speakers and amplifier, or high quality headphones
    • Internet connection for updates and online registration

      Copyright 2009 Garritan, Inc. All rights reserved

    You can find the above information at:

    http://www.garritan.com/products_gpo4.html

    As you can see your current system is less than the recommended so you may find some problems running GPO4.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    12

    Talking Re: GPO and SONAR 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    The ARIA GPO4 version doesn't have a DXi version. You'll have to use it as a VST in Sonar 2.2.

    Jim
    Jim - thanks for your response, it was very helpful. I've subsequently found a FAQ on Cakewalk's website that indicates that you can "integrate" VST's into SONAR 2.x by installing a third party program called "DirectiXer". After installation, the VST will operate as if it were a DXi.

    I don't suppose you have any familiarity with this.

    bpoco

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    12

    Re: GPO and SONAR 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Hello bpoco and a warm welcome to our forums.

    Jim has answered your first question. Regarding your second question, I think the best way to answer is to quote the recommended system requirements.

    System Requirements

    Running Personal Orchestra is dependent on the speed of your computer. The faster the processor the better.

    • 1.8 Ghz Core 2 Duo MacIntel or better; 2.8 Ghz CPU Pentium 4 or better (single core CPU). Users report G5 PPC Macs work, but no guarantee as you will not get optimal performance.
    • 2 GB RAM Recommended
    • 3.5 GB of free hard drive space
    • Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
    • Internet connection for download version, DVD ROM drive required for boxed version installation.
    • Monitor with 1,024 x 768 resolution or better
    • A sound card compatible with ASIO, DirectSound, or MME
    • MIDI: A MIDI or USB interface may be required if you are using a n electronic keyboard (88-key full-sized MIDI keyboard recommended). A keyboard with Mod Wheel is highly recommended.
    • High quality speakers and amplifier, or high quality headphones
    • Internet connection for updates and online registration

      Copyright 2009 Garritan, Inc. All rights reserved

    You can find the above information at:

    http://www.garritan.com/products_gpo4.html

    As you can see your current system is less than the recommended so you may find some problems running GPO4.

    Michael - thanks. OK - I understand that my PC does not meet these recommended requirements. I'm trying to understand what I might be sacrificing with a slower computer. Is it that it won't work at all? Or, can it still function with reduced feature capability? Are earlier versions of GPO available that would run on my PC?

    Thanks - bpoco

  6. #6

    Re: GPO and SONAR 2.2

    I run GPO4 and Cubase 5 on an AMD 2800+ 2.5 gig RAM computer without issue. The more RAM the better.
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    12

    Re: GPO and SONAR 2.2

    Well - I was really hoping to download GPO4 so I could get started right away ... but I have found GPO3 at on-line music stores. GP03 looks like it supports DXi (good for my SONAR 2.2) and has "relaxed" processor and RAM needs (good for my PC). Based on GPO3 reviews, I think it will be more than sufficient for my needs. I've gone ahead and ordered it.

    Thanks for everyone's feedback.

    bpoco

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •