• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pitch Bend in ARIA Trombone

Share/Bookmark

Pitch Bend in ARIA Trombone

I must be a dunce, but I can't get pitch bend between notes in a trombone part. I use Sonar and I am drawing in the bends (not using the pitch bend wheel). Isn't Pitch bend assigned to the controller called "Wheel" in Sonar? It had been when I did it on the KP2 player.

Is there something new in ARIA I don't understand. I can't even find a place to set the chromatic pitch bend distance like I did in KP2.

Any ideas? I really would like to make the trombone and strings sound more realistic.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Pitch Bend in ARIA Trombone

Hi Rich, i have it working, in the Piano-Roll and the track automation envelope. You can draw it here:

About the Pitch-bend steps, the manual says that CC#19 and 20 can be used along with Pitchbend, i guess that there is where you can define that, but you would ask the details.
    Marcelo Colina

Thanks Marce, I do know how to draw pitch bend in Piano Roll editing. That is what I have been doing. It is just that ARIA does not respond to pitch bends that are drawn.

Thanks for the help.

Rich

Hi Rich. What version of Sonar do you have? Some days ago Rob Weber reported pan issues too. I have a lite version of Sonar, based on Sonar 4, and so far, it works ok.
    Maybe some newer version is having problems with ARIA?
    Marcelo Colina

I'm using Sonar 6 Home Studio.

Rich

Hi Rich. Dont you have an older version to try? Or you can download the Sonar 8 demo. It can help to isolate if the problem is with Sonar 6.
    Marcelo Colina

I am going to try in Tracktion 3 when I get a chance. Just busy today. Thanks

Rich

Well, today it is working except the bend is only a whole step deep. Can't trombones go a fifth down or a fourth up when they move their slide?

Actually, I know they can because I just did it today with my trombone student.

So, is there a way to let the ARIA engine know how many half steps you want in the pitchbend?

ANYONE? because I think this topic has come up before.

Rich

Hi Rich. You can use "Portamento" controller, CC#20. To make it work, there are several conditions:
    -The "Auto-legato" must be on (you can do that with CC#102 or just pressing the "power-on" button on the Controls Tab in ARIA.
    -The first note of the fifth you want slide must overlap with the second one.
    -You need define the amount of "Portamento" drawing the CC#20 on your piano roll.

Hope this helps.
    Marcelo Colina

Thanks Marce. I will try that. It seems to me it was easier before with just pitchbend. There are a few more steps involved this way. But, if it does the job...hey why not!

Thanks

Rich

Go Back to forum